Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMJohnson
    replied
    VIP ticket with shuttle for sale: I have an extra Big Chief VIP ticket with shuttle for weekend 1. It's sold out - anyone need one of these?

Leave a comment:

• Manatee
    replied
    Originally posted by Molo View Post
    Manatee : couple of deciding factors for advance or gate. Sounds like you are buying yours in advance. If the weather is a little iffy, how likely are you to skip a day and have an extra or two? If you tend to the fair weather fan end of the spectrum, I would buy at the gate for your daughter. Do you want to get in right as the gates open or do you not care too much for the 11-12 “smaller” acts? Again, if you are not a rabid start at 11 patron, buy at the gate. Those would be the factors I would weigh. Any extra cost at the gate is minimal compared to one unused ticket.
    Hi,
    Yes, my wife and I have already bought weekend passes and we do intend on being there everyday, all day, regardless of the weather.
    Hopefully we can find a willing local participant on Thursday and then find one of the gates with less of a crowd on Friday.
    Does anyone know of an existing map of the Fairgrounds with the available gates for entry for the fest?
    Appreciate everyone's insight and help.

Leave a comment:

• Molo
    replied
    Manatee : couple of deciding factors for advance or gate. Sounds like you are buying yours in advance. If the weather is a little iffy, how likely are you to skip a day and have an extra or two? If you tend to the fair weather fan end of the spectrum, I would buy at the gate for your daughter. Do you want to get in right as the gates open or do you not care too much for the 11-12 “smaller” acts? Again, if you are not a rabid start at 11 patron, buy at the gate. Those would be the factors I would weigh. Any extra cost at the gate is minimal compared to one unused ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Picklemic
    replied
    So I never go in the main entrance and I never have too bad of a problem with long lines. And the last time they had local $50 Thursday, I just asked the people walking up if any local would help a non local get a $50 tix. I had a guy within a few minutes said sure no problem. I thought he had to buy a ticket for himself and he actually had one already. Waited in line for maybe 5 minutes to get it for me with a smile on his face the whole time. That's what I've been missing. The good vibes and everyone with smiles from ears to ears because it's Jazzfest. "IS IT JAZZFEST YET?"

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied
    I assume your daughter is older? Kids tickets (2-10) are only available at the gate.

IME, purchase lines are generally longer on the first day of each weekend, since folks buy for multiple days so they don't have to wait again. 2nd Thursday lines get long because of locals discount available only then and there. The first locals Thursday, I walked right up to the booth around 10 am, gt my tickets, then retreated back to Liuzzas to hang until the gates opened. By 11-ish when I went back, the purchase line was blocks long.

The locals ticket that year was $50 even, no fees. I think (?) other tickets are still fee-free at the gate, but it's been a long time since I bought those there.

Leave a comment:

• Manatee
    replied
    Originally posted by teetertotter View Post

Don't wait, buy in advance.

ADVANCE TICKET
    (through May 4)$80. You will pay about $10 in fees, but you can choose what day second weekend you want. The line can be formidable to buy a ticket or not at the gate. Ain't worth $10 bucks to hassle with that and you might get stuck with fees at the box office any which way. I doubt sold out will happen, hey Swag, how many times that happen and when? Also you can wait until May 4 to purchase for second weekend. Now Teetertotter can get mixed up so double check what i have said with the cognoscenti and/or Quint, wait a minute. Or better yet, see what Swag advises! He's my Jazzfest Guru!

If you are a local and go on Thursday, then: MAY 5
    GATE PRICE
    $50
    • Purchases may be made at the gate on MAY 5 only

• Open to Louisiana residents with valid identification

• Up to two admissions per resident

By the way, over the years I have bought more than half my tickets from people outside the gate. Realize that is risky, but I have saved plenty and have criteria for who I will buy from. Many comped tickets out there and those are most of what are sold on the street. Also, people overbuy, somebody can't go, and people sell below face right outside gate. This is only for those of you who like to live "dangerously" to try and "save" a buck. Not going to bother with that this year unless I get a hankering for more fest than I pre purchase.
    Thanks for the info,
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to take advantage of the local's discount on Thursday since we don't meet the requirements, but I am never opposed to trading beer for tickets (discounted or otherwise)! Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Gards
    replied
    Several years ago we were guests at the Fest.

We had already been given our tickets and passes for the whole shebang and then Brother Gards could not make it.

So each day some lucky ThreadHead which did include the likes of Swag and King Kenny, received an all stages guest pass, and some one else got an entry ticket, under the proviso that lots of beer was to head my way during the course of that day.

Leave a comment:

• teetertotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Manatee View Post

Hi,
    Does anyone know what the "at the gate" fees might be?
    My daughter is joining us for a day or two of the 2nd weekend and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase her tix early or wait until the gate (plus I can't imagine they would sell out).
    Thanks.
    Don't wait, buy in advance.

ADVANCE TICKET
    (through May 4)$80. You will pay about $10 in fees, but you can choose what day second weekend you want. The line can be formidable to buy a ticket or not at the gate. Ain't worth $10 bucks to hassle with that and you might get stuck with fees at the box office any which way. I doubt sold out will happen, hey Swag, how many times that happen and when? Also you can wait until May 4 to purchase for second weekend. Now Teetertotter can get mixed up so double check what i have said with the cognoscenti and/or Quint, wait a minute. Or better yet, see what Swag advises! He's my Jazzfest Guru!

If you are a local and go on Thursday, then: MAY 5
    GATE PRICE
    $50
    • Purchases may be made at the gate on MAY 5 only

• Open to Louisiana residents with valid identification

• Up to two admissions per resident

By the way, over the years I have bought more than half my tickets from people outside the gate. Realize that is risky, but I have saved plenty and have criteria for who I will buy from. Many comped tickets out there and those are most of what are sold on the street. Also, people overbuy, somebody can't go, and people sell below face right outside gate. This is only for those of you who like to live "dangerously" to try and "save" a buck. Not going to bother with that this year unless I get a hankering for more fest than I pre purchase.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    Originally posted by Manatee View Post

Hi,
    My daughter is joining us for a day or two of the 2nd weekend and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase her tix early or wait until the gate (plus I can't imagine they would sell out).
    Thanks.
    I don't know what the fee is but sometimes there are longs lines at the gate to buy tix that you avoid by buying ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• Manatee
    replied
    Originally posted by glinda View Post

Thanks. I see that "at the gate" tix says "plus fees" on the ticket page.
    I also noticed single day tix are AXS Mobile and can be transferred via an email address. So no shipping cost unless you want a printed ticket. Depending on the fees added at the gate, the $75 + $9.67 per ticket fee advance price may not be much of a savings vs gate price.
    Hi,
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Gards
    replied
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Maybe it will come back post-pandemic but that does not help now. Once again it seems absurd to have to order tix online and pay more when I live close to where the event is happening.
    Completely agree

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Do you know that for sure? Just asking because that was my plan. I know that awhile back it was addressed and swag discussed uncertainty due to the ill-fated October jazzfest non-event.
    I'm sure it would have been announced already. Maybe it will come back post-pandemic but that does not help now. Once again it seems absurd to have to order tix online and pay more when I live close to where the event is happening.

Leave a comment:

• MormonMatthew
    replied
    I can't imagine that there is likely to be a significant number of people who have enough disposable income to shell out $90 for 8 hours of live music who are also in such dire financial straits that they don't have access to a debit or credit card.

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied
    Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Do you know that for sure? Just asking because that was my plan. I know that awhile back it was addressed and swag discussed uncertainty due to the ill-fated October jazzfest non-event.
    I haven't seen it explicitly stated. But I think it may be done for good.

- They didn't sell at the box office for the (Fall) 2021 fest.
    - When the 2020 fest canceled, refunding box office tickets was a hassle both for the fest and for the purchaser - and that's still a risk this year.
    - Smoothie King box office used to be open daily, pre-pandemic. Now, it's only open on event days. So they'd be staffing it up just for fest tickets.
    - I seem to recall an article where Fest said that the box office with lower fees was their way of offering a discount to locals. Now, that's explicit with the cheaper Thursday tickets.

This really most hurts those few who don't have a credit or debit card. There's no longer a way to get advance tickets paying cash.

Leave a comment:

• 20/20
    replied
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
    $ 84.67 For Early Bird Tix. It sucks that we cannot go to The Smoothie Center to buy tix like in the past.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X