No announcement yet.

Hey Matthew Morman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthew, I am proud to call you a friend! I have missed your smile and your laugh, but I am sure that they are needed in the situations that you are finding yourself in now. Stay positive! I too am awaiting the day when I see you on the Fairgrounds or at RosetreeFest and meet your beloved Ania. Stay safe and thanks for all the updates
    !

Comment

Good onya Mathew.

Keep up the good work you guys.

AS fate would have it. I just opened my emails this morning and there is a story in from Gambit about how efforts to support Ukraine in Nola are ramping up.

Comment

Matthew- sending you thanks for pitching in, volunteering, and the updates. Here's to you and Ania, and your family / friends who are doing what you can to help those in need. I can't imagine having to leave everything and run, I just read about mothers leaving strollers at the Polish border for those escaping and carrying their infants. I am sure the cities/ country is struggling from the surging population.
        You have the appreciation and support of your Threadhead family. Please take care and we too look forward to when we can meet Ania at the Fairgrounds! and Kemp, I'm with you and would like to see Putin crash and burn soon.

Comment

For a good number of years, I did a seasonal migration between the NW Coast and the Gulf Coast. On numerous road trips, I was very warmly welcomed overnight, into the Salt Lake City home of Mormon Matthew and his since-departed parents. Very sweet, gracious elderly couple; I vividly recall their loving, smiling faces. I sense they're smiling now. You're a fine son, a fine husband and a fine friend. I pray for the safety, sanity and serenity of you and Ania; as well as your (extended) countrymen.

A few weeks back I requested from Matthew some photos, to be shared w/ Threadheads ... because no one would EVER see them, otherwise. I'm happy to present ... Ania & Matthew Blosch
          M&MBlosch8.jpg M&MBlosch9.jpg M&MBlosch.jpg M&MBlosch0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by denbear View Post
            For a good number of years, I did a seasonal migration between the NW Coast and the Gulf Coast. On numerous road trips, I was very warmly welcomed overnight, into the Salt Lake City home of Mormon Matthew and his since-departed parents. Very sweet, gracious elderly couple; I vividly recall their loving, smiling faces. I sense they're smiling now. You're a fine son, a fine husband and a fine friend. I pray for the safety, sanity and serenity of you and Ania; as well as your (extended) countrymen.

A few weeks back I requested from Matthew some photos, to be shared w/ Threadheads ... because no one would EVER see them, otherwise. I'm happy to present ... Ania & Matthew Blosch
            M&MBlosch8.jpg M&MBlosch9.jpg M&MBlosch.jpg M&MBlosch0.jpg
            Beautiful! Thanks for posting Den.

Comment

Thank you Den! MM, your wife has a warmth that matches your description of her perfectly.

Comment

Hey now, MM. Thank you for the heartfelt updates. Holding you and Ania in my heart.

Comment

Hey Now Morman Matt!
                  Thanks for your efforts in assisting those arriving. As many of us know you are a kind, unselfish and amazing man. You may not think your act of water and chocolate is much but it's spirit is what really is the big part. I wish you and Ania peace and safety. I applaud your new home country for assisting the masses fleeing the tyrannical Russian leader.
                  Much love my brother

Comment

MM - I too want to say thank you for all you and Ania are doing to help! Please stay safe and keep us posted if we can help from here in any way.

Comment

Hey Matthew ! Nice to hear from you . Thanks for letting us know what’s going on. It’s a horrible situation for sure . Stay safe and well! And congrats on your marriage . I did not know!
                      Lisa and Joe

Comment

It’s been several years since I posted, but glad to re-up my involvement with this thread. I’m Uky, my fam is Uky and we are gutted by the attack on Ukraine. Our Polish neighbors have MORE than stepped up, to help our fellow Ukrainians, and I know we will be forever grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by denbear View Post
                          For a good number of years, I did a seasonal migration between the NW Coast and the Gulf Coast. On numerous road trips, I was very warmly welcomed overnight, into the Salt Lake City home of Mormon Matthew and his since-departed parents...]
                          Wow, Dennis, I am so moved and touched for such kind words, it has been nearly 10 years since Dad passed, and 8 since my Mom followed (they were married for 65 years) but I still think about them every day, they gave me such love, support and acceptance, despite my departure from their conservative religious convictions, which sadly in many Mormon families is something that can cause incredible friction or even estrangement, but they were more than willing to overlook my many faults and help me to be the best person I could be. I know that more than anything else, they would be so incredibly happy for me having finally found Ania, after a lifetime of looking for her.

To all of my Threadhead friends, I appreciate your good thoughts and it is so nice to see so many of you here, I can't believe that I have known several of you for over 20 years, since originally signing up for this board sometime back in 1999, not long after I attended my first jazzfest in 1997, which is literally almost 1/2 of my lifetime ago. What an amazing group of people you all are, and I know that you would be the first to line up to do what you could to help the overwhelmed, and desperate Ukrainian people.

I need to be candid, it is a nightmare over here, the Krakow main station, which always seemed to represent freedom, adventure and possibility (I think there are some 8 different countries, all with their own unique language and culture that are within a 6 hour or less train ride from Krakow) is now a place of desperation, fear and uncertainty for tens of thousands of people, and I am sure it the same situation in stations all over Eastern Europe. It is nothing short of heartbreaking to see the frantic, confused mothers with their young children in tow, many of whom literally have no idea where they will sleep tonight, let alone in the weeks and months to cone.

The one and only bright spot is the army of volunteers who show up each day to do whatever they can to try to help, which is truly inspirational to see, alongside the hundreds of ordinary Polish people, today I met 3 separate Americans, each of whom had flown over here at their own expense to help out. What an amazing thing to see.

Thank you all for keeping the Ukrainian people in your hearts, now is the time for peace and freedom loving people everywhere to come together, the wholesale murder of innocent people can not be allowed to go on unchecked.

Take care of each other, and you are all in my thoughts, it is incredible to have the support of friends like you all.

MM

Comment

Well crap Matthew. I was coming here to post something about this whole "give money to Matthew in Poland" idea being MM's own version of a Nigerian prince needing help only you can provide, but then you go and post something heartbreaking like the above.

Kidding aside, just want you to know that despite the horrible divisions in US political discourse these days, that back here in the ol US of A this invasion seems to be the one thing that is uniting people, that the Putin-worship of the "nationalist" crowd is now being called out as the authoritarian fascism it always has been, and that so far at least (and that's a key qualifier) americans seem willing and almost eager to make the minor sacrifices of increased gas prices and the like in support of those who are truly sacrificing everything they have. I hope that this unity and willingness to sacrifice continue. When we were all asked to wear masks and people resisted, all i could think was "what would you have done in response to WW2 rationing?", how much are you REALLY being asked to do to look out for the well being of your fellow man? As i say i hope to see america continue to be inspired by the heroic example of the Ukrainians, and the lessons in compassion from Poland and the rest of eastern europe.

Comment

Matthew,

There are no words to describe what’s happening in Ukraine. My heart weeps for all Ukrainian brothers and sisters. I think we all now pray for his demise of Putin, not only for the sake of Ukraine, but for the sake of the world. It seems like Poles know all too well what terrible suffering looks like.

I’m so proud to know you Matthew and what you and Ania are doing to help with any humanitarian aid for the refugees from Ukraine.

I still can’t believe that you and I met in the late 80’s or early 90’s in Seattle at Bumbershoot checking out the Funky Meters. We talked music and about how much we dug the New Orleans music, the food and Festivities happening all the time. Then unbelievably, we met again many years later in New Orleans at the Patry. Still digging the New Orleans music.

We will for sure come together again in New Orleans and dig some more music. All the best my man!
                              Last edited by neverleft; 03-11-2022, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosetree View Post
                                Matthew, I am proud to call you a friend! I have missed your smile and your laugh, but I am sure that they are needed in the situations that you are finding yourself in now. Stay positive! I too am awaiting the day when I see you on the Fairgrounds or at RosetreeFest and meet your beloved Ania. Stay safe and thanks for all the updates
                                !
                                Just exactly what rosetree said. Matthew, my dear brother, I have thought of you & missed you so very much over the years! Love to you & Ania, she sounds like a very special person & no one deserves happiness more than you! Much love & many prayers, Jan.

Comment

Working...
                                X