• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jazzfest Movie

Here’s the trailer.

https://youtu.be/jTVAoZEoWnw

Cool. Thanks for the head's up.

Last edited by frijoless; 03-11-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Hopefully it makes it to a streaming service.

Comment

It’ll debut during SXSW, but I may be a bit too busy for catching a film.

Comment

Guess I shouldn't watch it. I added it to my Saved queue on Netflix and it said

"Our best guess for you: 1.0 stars"

After umpteen years of Fest I guess I really don't enjoy it after all. Netflix told me so...

Cheers.

Comment

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2022/films/2054913

Yeah I'm going to be to busy watching live music to see the flick here at SXSW, but boy am I excited about seeing this!!! SXSW is Austin's Mardi Gras and we are ready to let the good times roll!!

Comment

Good on Samantha Fish for being so prominently featured.

Comment

Skywalker Sound (place I just retired from, after 25 years) did the post on this. Hoping to get to see a screening of this, at the ranch! ( they haven't had screenings in 2 years due to Covid)

Comment

Originally posted by BrettM View Post
                  Good on Samantha Fish for being so prominently featured.
                  They seem to have turned her into a lefty though!

Comment

Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                    https://schedule.sxsw.com/2022/films/2054913

Yeah I'm going to be to busy watching live music to see the flick here at SXSW, but boy am I excited about seeing this!!! SXSW is Austin's Mardi Gras and we are ready to let the good times roll!!
                    Are you planning on hittin’ either of the Continental Drifters shows (Lucy’s & C-Boy’s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

They seem to have turned her into a lefty though!
                      Good point My Lord

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post

Are you planning on hittin’ either of the Continental Drifters shows (Lucy’s & C-Boy’s)?
                        Sorry Duende I Just saw this . Yep I just about camped out at Lucy's for SXSW. Was blown away by the fun talent weather and music. What a great time. Continental Drifters had the only 2 slot gig all week at Lucy's I believe.!! Heartless Bastards were smoking hot!

Comment

Sorry Duende I Just saw this . Yep I just about camped out at Lucy's for SXSW. Was blown away by the fun talent weather and music. What a great time. Continental Drifters had the only 2 slot gig all week at Lucy's I believe.!! Heartless Bastards were smoking hot!
                          Sounds like us lol. Our buddy didn't have a Luck ticket, so he managed 5 days at Lucy's - but you should'a seen his face when they told him they were out of oysters on Sunday. He's a Darden Smith fan now and has the city on his must-visit list for future trips! We wandered a bit on foot up South Congress and caught our hometown boy, Zack Sapunor, with the Hot Club of Cowtown at the Continental, and did the Chicken Shit Bingo Derailers set at C-Boys (didn't win). We checked-out Guero's patio and the South by San Jose scene, but nothing really resonated with any of us. This was probably the least amount of time I've spent on the north side since I started visiting Austin. Got down to New Braunfels to see another hometown guy Slim Bawb and stopped at Kreuz's on the way. Some great performances at Lucy's, but I'm about fried-chicken'ed-out for now. On to crawfish, shrimp and unlimited grilled oysters!
                          Last edited by duende; 03-24-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post

Sounds like us lol. Our buddy didn't have a Luck ticket, so he managed 5 days at Lucy's - but you should'a seen his face when they told him they were out of oysters on Sunday. He's a Darden Smith fan now and has the city on his must-visit list for future trips! We wandered a bit on foot up South Congress and caught our hometown boy, Zack Sapunor, with the Hot Club of Cowtown at the Continental, and did the Chicken Shit Bingo Derailers set at C-Boys (didn't win). We checked-out Guero's patio and the South by San Jose scene, but nothing really resonated with any of us. This was probably the least amount of time I've spent on the north side since I started visiting Austin. Got down to New Braunfels to see another hometown guy Slim Bawb and stopped at Kreuz's on the way. Some great performances at Lucy's, but I'm about fried-chicken'ed-out for now. On to crawfish, shrimp and unlimited grilled oysters!
                            Man I was at the Hot Club show on Wed 16th,! Your buddy can sure thump that Bass Fiddle!. Great Show that day. We'll have to meet up at JF or the Patry this year if not before. You visit Austin a lot but don't live here correct. ?

Comment

Man I was at the Hot Club show on Wed 16th,! Your buddy can sure thump that Bass Fiddle!. Great Show that day. We'll have to meet up at JF or the Patry this year if not before. You visit Austin a lot but don't live here correct. ?
                              I wish it was a lot, but a week a year is about right. I could see ramping that up to 2-3 weeks. If we made it a month I’d consider driving. Couldn’t be any more conspicuous with California plates than our Florida rental car lol. I’d love to chat - I’m going to offer to sling beer at the Patry. That’ll keep in one place for a minute!

Comment

Working...
                              X