Pearl Jam fill in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Thanks for the link to the trailer. I just watched. I can appreciate your choice of wording when you said "a bit over the top in spots". I can see how that might happen just from the trailer. I knew that a movie had been made but covid-19 intervened and I never had any opportunity whatsoever to go to a theatre and view. Just as a note, the closest movie theatre to where I live is 75 miles away and there is zero chance that it would ever have popped up there. No audience. I checked scheduling when the movie was released and it just never was anywhere. Thanks again.
    Hopefully it will come out on DVD for those like yourself who did not see it. I'd like to see a video of just the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Hopefully it will come out on DVD for those like yourself who did not see it. I'd like to see a video of just the show.
      It used to be available for all to see. The Lockn' organizers recorded it and had it available. I had it on my "favorites" on my Mac. It was taken away several years ago. "Copyright" issues.
      Lawyers and $$$$$

Comment

It used to be available for all to see. The Lockn' organizers recorded it and had it available. I had it on my "favorites" on my Mac. It was taken away several years ago. "Copyright" issues.
        Lawyers and $$$$$
        Yeah I kinda thought I had seen it but I lose track with so much stuff online and in my computer.

Comment

Yeah I kinda thought I had seen it but I lose track with so much stuff online and in my computer.
          I think that this link will work, not certain because it's a facebook link and I have no facebook knowledge. It's only one song and it's kind of embarrassing because no question, it's a stage full of Old Geezers. Except for Anders, but even he seems somewhat "geezerly"! That said the actual show had more energy than this would seem to portray but at another level, who cares? It was a reunion, a love fest. Gotta enjoy those moments......unless you're a millennial !!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9qL54JIcw08R76

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post

I mentioned them twice! They are actually off until May 4 and Maurice Brown, their trumpet player just started announcing night shows in New Orleans 1st weekend.

Where is that listed? I don't see it in the grids. I would be more interested in this than whoever replaces the Foofighters. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Stella Blue View Post

Where is that listed? I don't see it in the grids. I would be more interested in this than whoever replaces the Foofighters. LOL
              First show announced by Brown is the Mononeon show at Music Box Village 1st Saturday. More on the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post

I mentioned them twice! They are actually off until May 4 and Maurice Brown, their trumpet player just started announcing night shows in New Orleans 1st weekend.
                Oh yeah, I forgot Maurice "Mobetta" Brown plays with Anderson .Paak. He used to live here and played Snug Harbor each week and was also in TTB for 5 years.

Comment

I think that this link will work, not certain because it's a facebook link and I have no facebook knowledge. It's only one song and it's kind of embarrassing because no question, it's a stage full of Old Geezers. Except for Anders, but even he seems somewhat "geezerly"! That said the actual show had more energy than this would seem to portray but at another level, who cares? It was a reunion, a love fest. Gotta enjoy those moments......unless you're a millennial !!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9qL54JIcw08R76
                  I see my girl Shannon McNally up there!

Anders is 55 so 50 back then. No spring chicken. Haha.

I did get to see Leon do Space Captain with TTB years back at The Beacon in NYC, the last time I saw him.

Comment

• Originally posted by piscesgirl View Post

Oh gawd, please no DMB! No offense to anyone that loves them, they are very talented musicians, but they've played so many times already. Plus, their fans have notoriously been real dickheads at Jazz Fest.
                    Well, aside from myself, of course.

You need not worry about them playing this year. But they have an album coming out later this year, and historically they've played Jazz Fest the year after an album release, so don't be surprised if they're on the lineup in 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by piscesgirl View Post

How would you classify RHCP? Not the same style, obviously, but I'd still consider them a rock band.
                      TMZ just said that RHCP are one of the leading candidates to replace Kanye at Coachella, after he backed out for no apparent reason, other than the fact he's a dick, and does stuff like that. The other possibility mentioned was The Weeknd. Silk Sonic was asked, but Bruno Mars said they declined because not enough time to put together a show for the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

TMZ just said that RHCP are one of the leading candidates to replace Kanye at Coachella, after he backed out for no apparent reason, other than the fact he's a dick, and does stuff like that. The other possibility mentioned was The Weeknd. Silk Sonic was asked, but Bruno Mars said they declined because not enough time to put together a show for the festival.
                        https://www.complex.com/music/petiti...lla-signatures

Remember when Coachella was an Alt-Rock fest and did not have all of the junk that they do now?

Comment

https://www.complex.com/music/petiti...lla-signatures

Remember when Coachella was an Alt-Rock fest and did not have all of the junk that they do now?
                          Did your computer go on "auto-correct" when you actually typed "Remember when.....name your fest......did not have all of the junk that they do now?"

Comment

Did your computer go on "auto-correct" when you actually typed "Remember when.....name your fest......did not have all of the junk that they do now?"
                            Well, the popular ones have all gone that way. Jazz Fest has a bit but not that much. ACL in Austin has totally gone that way, it used to be Alt-Rock, some Austin artists and a few NOLA ones.

Big Ears thank God does not have any. For my tastes they have the best lineups in the country.

Comment

Big Ears thank God does not have any. For my tastes they have the best lineups in the country.
                              Good friend of mine just got back. Felt like I was living vicariously through him with all the reports, pics and videos he sent. I know Sons of Kemet and Nubya Garcia were among the standouts. Actually got me on a Nubya Garcia listening kick and I have listened to her entire catalog probably more than a half dozen times since. Her tone is right in my wheelhouse and I would love to see her live.

This fest is definitely on my short list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
                                Good friend of mine just got back. Felt like I was living vicariously through him with all the reports, pics and videos he sent. I know Sons of Kemet and Nubya Garcia were among the standouts. Actually got me on a Nubya Garcia listening kick and I have listened to her entire catalog probably more than a half dozen times since. Her tone is right in my wheelhouse and I would love to see her live.

This fest is definitely on my short list.
                                Nubya is my girl. My favorite out all of the talented current UK Jazz artists. I got to see her play here at The Ace Hotel back in 2018 on my birthday and got to meet and hang out with her after the show. She is the nicest and coolest (and very attractive) musician I've ever met.

Those UK artists would do very well here at Jazz Fest or at some night shows but Quint is just not interested. Not yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X