No announcement yet.

Pearl Jam fill in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2201 was before my time as a Fest-er, and I'm too lazy to look this up on my own... how does the 160k at DMB compare to the Elton John day that was, ummm, about four years ago? I was at the Elton John set and it was PACKED.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyfester View Post

Anyone else here remember 5/5/01?
      I feel blessed to say I wasn't at the Fest that day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was there, one of the more crowded day at the fest but not as bad as when Elton played a few years back.

I did checkout Dave for a few songs back in 01. I just couldn't understand what people saw in him back then and I still feel that way. To each their own I guess.
      Last edited by jjazznj; 04-07-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I feel blessed to say I wasn't at the Fest that day..

Biggest crowd I ever saw was Pearl Jam in 2016. First time I ever found it impossible to get near the big stage from any angle.

But as noted, neither PJ nor DMB is as huge now as they were at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrettM View Post

Biggest crowd I ever saw was Pearl Jam in 2016. First time I ever found it impossible to get near the big stage from any angle.

But as noted, neither PJ nor DMB is as huge now as they were at that time.
          I was front row for Pearl Jam. Loved it!

Comment

I feel blessed to say I wasn't at the Fest that day.
            Yeah I was there, one of the more crowded day at the fest but not as bad as when Elton played a few years back.

I did checkout Dave for a few songs back in 01. I just couldn't understand what people saw in him back then and I still feel that way. To each their own I guess.[/QUOTE]

Along that train of thought and just anecdotally speaking with regards to that 5/5/01 day. My wife and I were way up front early in the day at Acura in order to see the North Mississippi Allstars. We stayed in place for much of Cowboy Mouth just for that goofiness . Like it or not it can be amusing if you are in the mood. We then turned around in order to exit and head over to Fais-Do-Do to see Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. OMG! Shocked is not even close. There was no way out. You talk about "cheek-to-jowl". I am terminally polite when it comes to respecting peoples space, blankets and all. I try always to not intrude. Not that day. I must have apologized 250 times but it had to be done. We got out but it was a painful experience.

Comment

• Joan Jett was announced in the lineup for Shorty's Saenger show on April 30. Her website does not show that or her anywhere else that weekend. Perhaps Joan and the Blackhearts will be the Sunday BNA?

Comment

• Originally posted by windowman View Post
                Joan Jett was announced in the lineup for Shorty's Saenger show on April 30. Her website does not show that or her anywhere else that weekend. Perhaps Joan and the Blackhearts will be the Sunday BNA?
                Yeah I threw that out there last week. She'd be perfect! For me at least. I doubt her band needs to rehearse much.

Comment

• Originally posted by windowman View Post
                  Joan Jett was announced in the lineup for Shorty's Saenger show on April 30. Her website does not show that or her anywhere else that weekend. Perhaps Joan and the Blackhearts will be the Sunday BNA?
                  Joan was a definite high point in the WLIR flick, Dare to be Different. Loved the accent!

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                    as mentioned earlier in the thread DMB is a possibility.
                    Anyone else here remember 5/5/01?
                    [/QUOTE]

That was, by far, the most miserable experience I have ever had at Fest. We got stuck between Congo and Acura and there was absolutely no way to get out. We stood in one place for I could not tell you how long. You couldn't go forward, you couldn't go backward, you couldn't squeeze through anyone, it was an absolute clusterf*ck.

Comment

I feel blessed to say I wasn't at the Fest that day.

I did checkout Dave for a few songs back in 01. I just couldn't understand what people saw in him back then and I still feel that way. To each their own I guess.[/QUOTE]

I was there in ‘01 for DMB and for Elton in 2015 (?). Funny how Elton crowd didn’t bother me as much because I like Elton

Comment

• Expecting a RHCP announcement over the next few days..............

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                          Expecting a RHCP announcement over the next few days..............
                          That would make my freaking day!

Comment

• Keith Spera from Twitter at 11:34 am today:

"This afternoon, some other big (non-lawsuit-related) @jazzfest news is coming. Sounds like a big hole in the schedule has been filled..."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadyTree View Post
                              Keith Spera from Twitter at 11:34 am today:

"This afternoon, some other big (non-lawsuit-related) @jazzfest news is coming. Sounds like a big hole in the schedule has been filled..."
                              pretty confident that's the chili peppers. Also, the build crew is out there starting today, building jazzfest..............

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

pretty confident that's the chili peppers. Also, the build crew is out there starting today, building jazzfest..............
                                I am surprised that you have taken the time to post this. I had supposed that your day was full in preparing your arguments that will go before the judge. You know....the lawsuit.. I know that it's sealed but give us just a touch of gossip.

Comment

Working...
                                X