No announcement yet.

Pearl Jam fill in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like first Friday could use a little more juice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

Foo Fighters are not the Stones, and Dave Grohl is not Mick Jagger. It would not be a surprise at all if this is the end of the Foo Fighters, and they do in fact cancel all of their scheduled dates this year. Dave was supposedly a mess after Kurt died, and he was about 10,000 times closer to Taylor than he was with Kurt. It seems a giant stretch to think that before their schedule kicks in again 4 weeks from now, that they'll be able to grieve, hold Taylor's funeral, and train a new Drummer to prepare for a World Tour.
      We shall see.

Comment

I see some mentions of some acts like The Eagles (who don't even sound like The Eagles anymore) and others but I would imagine they would try to find something similar to FF if in fact they don't play, at least a rock band. I actually think they will still play but what do I know? Pearl Jam would be a great choice as would Bruce or Neil but I see zero chance any of them actually play. I'm going that day and cannot stand FF so anyone is an upgrade to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
          It seems like first Friday could use a little more juice.
          Yeah, that is a seriously weak day although I do love Leyla McCalla and would be into seeing Bombino.

Comment

I hope the Foo Fighters continue on. They are a massive rock band and Dave just seems like a decent guy. My heart goes out to them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post

funny you should mention that. I saw that rumor. Weir has a conflict that make that makes that impossible.
              What I saw in that regard was a repost of a meme that had them appearing on the first Friday that circulated before the lineup was announced (as did one for Tedeschi Trucks that also proved to be false,) most likely based on extrapolating their booking from last year to this year. The Foo Fighters are on the Sunday so that looked to be BS all over again. Not that I see it happening but I think TTB would be a more likely replacement, if needed, than Dead & Co.

Comment

I only mentioned The Eagles because they have the date open and won't be too far away. Dead and Co. is unlikely. I believe Weir and Mayer both have other gigs. Is Wilco headline material?
                Last edited by abbieroad; 03-28-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I like Wilco a lot but They played Gentilly when they were at their most popular

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                    I like Wilco a lot but They played Gentilly when they were at their most popular
                    I realize this is a tangent but wanted to say that every time I've seen Wilco in the past few years they just deliver a better and better show on top of already great shows.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                      While they were on Gentilly during their last fest appearance, Wilco headlined Acura in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by abbieroad View Post
                        Eagles?
                        God, I hope not

Comment

I wish they could book Jon Batiste for the slot. I know that won't happen but that would be my wish.

Comment

Cubes about to drop with over 500 bands, and all the discussion here is about what band may fill in for another one that hasn't event canceled yet. No wonder Quint hates y'all.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

'tit Quints

Comment

My Morning Jacket is around, but probably not Headline material and booked 5/1

Comment

Working...
                                X