No announcement yet.

Pearl Jam fill in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smashing Pumpkins start a tour on May 2 in TX. Good warm up show. Edited to add - Just noticed they are playing NOLA May 20 so maybe not.
    Last edited by ericactive; 03-29-2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericactive View Post
      Smashing Pumpkins start a tour on May 2 in TX. Good warm up show. Edited to add - Just noticed they are playing NOLA May 20 so maybe not.
      I'd be up for that but I really doubt it. OP's idea of Pearl Jam is a good one. Another popular rock band to fill in.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        Tedeschi Trucks has no dates between April 23rd and mid-June when their Wheels Of Soul tour with Los Lobos starts. Call Derek and Susan!!!
        That would be a massive upgrade. Too good to be true. I still see them going for a popular rock band.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

Foo Fighters are not the Stones, and Dave Grohl is not Mick Jagger. It would not be a surprise at all if this is the end of the Foo Fighters, and they do in fact cancel all of their scheduled dates this year. Dave was supposedly a mess after Kurt died, and he was about 10,000 times closer to Taylor than he was with Kurt. It seems a giant stretch to think that before their schedule kicks in again 4 weeks from now, that they'll be able to grieve, hold Taylor's funeral, and train a new Drummer to prepare for a World Tour.
          SoCal you were right and I was wrong. Hope they get it together to play again soon.

Comment

Now that FF have officially cancelled their upcoming tour, it’ll be interesting to see who fills their slot at JF.
            ​​​​​…. please no Pearl Jam
            …just sayin’

Whaddya think?
            Elton?

https://consequence.net/2022/03/elto...r-final-dates/
            Last edited by Thraak; 03-29-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post

SoCal you were right and I was wrong. Hope they get it together to play again soon.
              I'm so very depressed. Their statement today all but refers to the band in the past tense. I truly think this is the end of the Foo Fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraak View Post
                Now that FF have officially cancelled their upcoming tour, it’ll be interesting to see who fills their slot at JF.
                ​​​​​…. please no Pearl Jam
                …just sayin’

Whaddya think?
                Elton?

https://consequence.net/2022/03/elto...r-final-dates/
                Nah. He played the Arena two months ago. Both of us ended up with covid.

Comment

I already have conflicts at that time a lot so I’m not looking to fill in my dance card. I just want fest to have a good headliner on principle.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                    Tedeschi Trucks has no dates between April 23rd and mid-June when their Wheels Of Soul tour with Los Lobos starts. Call Derek and Susan!!!
                    I just went to TTB's site, sent them an email, imploring them to offer to fill in for Foo Fighters. Can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfester View Post

I just went to TTB's site, sent them an email, imploring them to offer to fill in for Foo Fighters. Can't hurt.
                      TTB? OMG Not again? Apparently Kentucky does not have any major highways? Anyone anywhere close to a four-lane artery has already seen them 27 times. Oh well, if you (and Quint) insist. At least put them in the Blues Tent, where they started out.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

TTB? OMG Not again? Apparently Kentucky does not have any major highways? Anyone anywhere close to a four-lane artery has already seen them 27 times. Oh well, if you (and Quint) insist. At least put them in the Blues Tent, where they started out.
                        Yes, TTB. I've heard them, I dunno, a dozen times. At JF. Here in Louisville. In Indy, where I've got tickets to hear them this summer. And, yes, I crave hearing them again. Because, one guy's opinion, they're the best band extant. They are the sole and legit heirs of Allman Bros Band, my favorite of all time. And it just makes me happy to hear them. Just because you either don't like them, or have tired of them, don't even try to rain on my parade. I'll have none of it. Some of us are comfortable enough in our musical tastes to enjoy what we enjoy and leave the rest to others, who enjoy other music. By the by, my town does have major highways, including, oh who would have ever thought, interstates. I71. I64. I65. And, even live music concerts right here. Yes it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

The Blues Tent? That would be a total [email protected]! I love them and have also seen them at least a dozen times and would be happy if they played but I would think they'd try for a band similar to FF, more of a mainstream rock act, whoever that would be.

I have the perfect artist who will actually be in town that weekend: Joan Jett! She is one of Shorty's guests the night before at The Saenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Nah. He played the Arena two months ago. Both of us ended up with covid.

Hope you're doing okay now.

Comment

Wonder if Earth Wind and Fire are available? LOL!

Comment

Bo Diddley has nothing scheduled that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X