Pearl Jam fill in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popular rock band?
    Green Day is playing Shaky Knees in Atlanta on the 29th...
    Spoon, too.
    Last edited by abbieroad; 03-30-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Well Beale street is also missing the Foo Fighters…??

in no order Jazz Fest needs a headliner…they need people to come through the gates on a
      Sunday

Pearl Jam
      DMB

Van Morrison
      Robert Plant Allison Krauss

who else is out there?

TTB and Wilco are great choices just not sure if they are a big enough draw for the
      Festival Stage?

Comment

Sir Paul always likes to visit nola. I know not everybody loves the southern boogie but Little Feat could readjust their tour, or just as good or better get N Mississippi. They hae taken it to another level by adding Lamar Williams I feel they are ready for the next step. Also Anders and NMA's have and albm together, and he's playing earlier that day. Maybe add some ABB jammers, The Word and (so Robert Randolph I think are in town following Friday)I love TTB but saw them in NOLA in January and going to Red Rocks (for the 1st time) to see them in late July (Los Lobos opening). Wish they were playing JF.
        Last edited by barrymojo; 03-30-2022, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
          Sir Paul always likes to visit nola. I know not everybody loves the southern boogie but Little Feat could readjust their tour, or just as good or better get N Mississippi. They hae taken it to another level by adding Lamar Williams I feel they are ready for the next step,
          Paul McCartney in Spokane April 28 and Seattle May 2. Seems pretty unlikely

Comment

Bob Dylan
            Beck (I would love it!)

Comment

RHCP? Starting a tour soon.
              mettalica?

still think Silk Sonic would be a home run. They will sweep the Grammy’s this weekend and will be performing.

Comment

Best move for Quint would be to get someone on the younger side. Haha. Not very good luck with older artists. May I suggest The Black Pumas? Not a BNA but popular band these days who sellout wherever they play. I suggested them to Quint 2 years ago and he said "Who?" I said, oh, you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                  Best move for Quint would be to get someone on the younger side. Haha. Not very good luck with older artists. May I suggest The Black Pumas? Not a BNA but popular band these days who sellout wherever they play. I suggested them to Quint 2 years ago and he said "Who?" I said, oh, you'll see.
                  Now that's exactly what I'm talking about. He (and seemingly everyone else at Fest Productions) has no idea of what's happening outside of his bubble of 70's & 80's has beens .
                  It's incredible that Black Pumas haven't been booked yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Now that's exactly what I'm talking about. He (and seemingly everyone else at Fest Productions) has no idea of what's happening outside of his bubble of 70's & 80's has beens .
                    I wouldn't hate some Mott the Hoople.....

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

I wouldn't hate some Mott the Hoople.....
                      I doubt it as Ian Hunter is 82. One of my idols growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I doubt it as Ian Hunter is 82. One of my idols growing up.
                        They were still touring in 2019 before the plague....

Comment

My guesses are: Pearl Jam, DMB, Metallica (they are doing lots of festivals), Coldplay, RHCP, or Widespread Panic. It's gotta be someone established, but still relevant.

Comment

I would love to see Ian Hunter with Mott or the Rant Band, but he has not performed live for a few years now due to tinnitus. He is recording new music and reportedly will release two more albums. Still a fine songwriter. I just saw a listing for Alejandro Escovedo playing with the Rant Band doing Ian Hunter songs, which should be a great show. Now if there is a band reunion that would be a suitable jazzfest headliner, in my mind it would be R.E.M. If only...

Comment

Any chance third time could be the charm for the Stones? They start a European tour on June 1. Would be a good warm-up for them. If too disruptive to JF to have them on a “normal” day, maybe Keith and the X-Pensive Winos? They just played together a few weeks ago.

Hey, a guy can dream….

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

It's incredible that Black Pumas haven't been booked yet.
                                Totally agree! Black Pumas would be a great fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X