Nine Inch Nails
    RHCP
    Wilco
    Widespread Panic
    Rage Against the Machine
    Radiohead
    Beck
    Santana
    Was also thinking about Santana...but didn't he just play last Fest in 2019? Was great seeing him and Shorty together on stage, if I recall correctly.

2019 seems like years ago...which I guess it was. Can't wait until end of next month!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish Head View Post
      Nine Inch Nails
      RHCP
      Wilco
      Widespread Panic
      Rage Against the Machine
      Radiohead
      Beck
      Santana
      All good ones!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

All good ones!
        Thanks - I'd love to be an unpaid advisor for Quint, as I'm sure we all would, but we need to keep JF going for generations to come, not just cater to the geriatric/AARP crowd.

Slightly off topic: THE ICEMAN SPECIAL
        Why is this band not playing Jazz Fest? They are the hottest band out of New Orleans right now. Fresh, new, psych/funk/rock band that absolutely kills it live. If you haven't seen them, check them out. Here's a taste. Music starts at 22:22

Escape From the Secret Lab Ep. 25 featuring The Iceman Special - YouTube

Comment

Thanks - I'd love to be an unpaid advisor for Quint, as I'm sure we all would, but we need to keep JF going for generations to come, not just cater to the geriatric/AARP crowd.

Why is this band not playing Jazz Fest? They are the hottest band out of New Orleans right now. Fresh, new, psych/funk/rock band that absolutely kills it live. If you haven't seen them, check them out. Here's a taste. Music starts at 22:22

They played the Threadhead Patry in 2019

Comment

• Is Eduard Khil Jazz Fest worthy? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Hey Fish Head, On behalf of the hundreds of thousands of AARPs who consider fest a highlight of the year, I would like to politely direct you to: www.inforoo.com.

Comment

^ This. (Notwithstanding my own imminent qualification for geriatric status).

Comment

• Originally posted by BAR1964 View Post

2019 seems like years ago...which I guess it was. Can't wait until end of next month!!
                  Speaking of AARP I’m wondering how many of us are ready to rage night shows following a long day at the fairgrounds after a very long layoff! Be honest, how many midnight-or-later evenings have you had since the initial pandemic lockdown that weren’t just bingeing Bosch episodes? It’s not exactly a use it or lose it skill set, but I’ll be the first to admit that the night-time may no longer be the right-time for this former Fest>show>after-show enthusiast.

Comment

• I’ll probably attempt one late night just to prove that I still can, but be in bed early the other nights

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post

Speaking of AARP I’m wondering how many of us are ready to rage night shows following a long day at the fairgrounds after a very long layoff! Be honest, how many midnight-or-later evenings have you had since the initial pandemic lockdown that weren’t just bingeing Bosch episodes? It’s not exactly a use it or lose it skill set, but I’ll be the first to admit that the night-time may no longer be the right-time for this former Fest>show>after-show enthusiast.
                      Yep, as you know I'm a bit younger than you and Kris and I have been talking about this topic a lot. My tolerance for soldiering through while tired isn't so great these days. However we were just chatting about our time at Americana in Nashville and how we managed, maybe two or three, late nights totally well. I think the key for us was getting plenty of sitting time. But I remember being completely wiped by the third night or so. I'm aiming to build in more rest nights this Fest.

Comment

• I'll throw this out there....
                        Green Day will be in Atlanta on 4/29 and has nothing else scheduled until June.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post

This will be my first Fest since I moved to New Orleans. I moved to New Orleans three days before we went into lock down for the pandemic, and in April of last year bought a house near Parkway Bakery, a 15-minute walk, or 5-minute bike ride, from the Fair Grounds. This changes my Fest strategy in two important ways: (1) I plan to bike to and from the Fest, and expect to take advantage of the in-and-out privileges of my brass pass, so I can go home and rest during lulls in the day if need be; and (2) I won't feel as much pressure to go out every night as I did for my previous 30 years of Fest because so many of the bands I'd be going to see play with sufficient frequency in New Orleans that I can see them during a non-Fest period when the clubs will be less crowded (especially less crowded with all of you god awful tourists ) and when I'm less tired from a full day at Fest.

Comment

Funny you said that about the "need to keep JF going for generations to come". I wrote a letter to Offbeat around 20 years ago saying exactly that. Some agreed and some did not citing The "Heritage" part of the fest name. The more some things change the more they stay the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                              This will be my first Fest since I moved to New Orleans. I moved to New Orleans three days before we went into lock down for the pandemic, and in April of last year bought a house near Parkway Bakery, a 15-minute walk, or 5-minute bike ride, from the Fair Grounds. This changes my Fest strategy in two important ways: (1) I plan to bike to and from the Fest, and expect to take advantage of the in-and-out privileges of my brass pass, so I can go home and rest during lulls in the day if need be; and (2) I won't feel as much pressure to go out every night as I did for my previous 30 years of Fest because so many of the bands I'd be going to see play with sufficient frequency in New Orleans that I can see them during a non-Fest period when the clubs will be less crowded (especially less crowded with all of you god awful tourists ) and when I'm less tired from a full day at Fest.
                              Since our purchase of a rental property in New Orleans with an apartment we can stay in back in 2008, we have become sort of part time part time residents of NOLA and get to visit much more often. I feel the same way you do about the night shows especially with local acts whom I can see a good bit now on other less crowded times. I will experience more live music on the first day of Fest than I have since the damn pandemic began and I plan to attend every day of Fest, something I have been doing for about the last seven Fests.. That said, I never regret the times I do rally for a night out. Old Point often has bands during Fest and I can easily walk there and stumble home, but often my AARP card carrying ass is sitting happily in the court yard with a cold one reflecting on the day I've had and planning for the next. I've also learned not to make too many plans in NOLA at Fest time because anything can happen. We're weeks away, y'all. Can't wait!

Comment

• I become a part time resident on April 15 when I occupy my apartment just a few steps from Toups and Blue Oak. I've been practicing over the last year with visits in April, October and December. I plan to spend more time at the FG than I did before the pandemic and currently have only two night shows booked- Jon Cleary at Broadside and my neighbor, Anders, at the Joy. I expect I'll add in two or three more. Looking forward to sitting in the side yard after fest instead of trotting off to shows every night. Y'all come on by.

Comment

Working...
                                X