• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubes

Thoughts?

Here are my thoughts:

Friday: Leyla McCalla --> 79ers Gang --> CeeLo --> Bombino in CEP

Saturday: Glactic or Irma --> Cookers --> Jason Isbell

Sunday: Soul Brass @ CEP --> Zachary Richard --> Anders --> IMO Ellis --> IMO Spencer --> Lynn Drury

Comment

My post from another thread. I have looked and looked and my opinion stands.

Gosh. I suppose that I have been more disappointed in something in my life but this array of uninteresting talent (??) is right up there. Sure, there is an act here and an act there that if I am desperate I would go see, but overall I am as I said, just disappointed.

Admittedly an initial reaction. Perhaps I will mellow.

Certainly there is some talent. Lots of talent, but so much I have seen over and over and while I still enjoy I just cannot become excited about seeing again. In addition some of the acts that I enjoy are placed in locations that diminish their impact.
      Last edited by 20/20; 03-29-2022, 04:05 PM. Reason: Poor word choice

Comment

They should move some Saturday acts to Friday. There are 5 acts playing at 4:15PM Saturday I want to see.

Comment

First Friday: I can see a late day plan forming around 79rs gang to PJ Morton, to Bombino at CEP, to Jamie Lynn Vessels, ending with last 20 minutes of War and Treaty. Beginning of day has some disappointment as do not like Shake Em Up at Lagniappe.

need more time to digest after that.

Comment

That 11:20 start time for the Iguanas on Thursday. To quote James Coburn in Payback "man, that's just mean".

but if you're asking if I think this a succession plan clarion-call to first-timers or out-of-state Fest veterans, I think this is a well-intentioned line-up that almost completely misses the mark for rockers, Americana/country fans, and possibly even younger (<50) R&B fans. Returning Fest attendees will always find something great to listen to at one of the 13 stages, and maybe that's the selling point? Sure, we showed limited imagination in booking the first Fest after a 2-year catastrophic lay-off, but look between the BNA's and find your own Fest. Oh, and the food and artist/crafts are awesome. Something like that?
            Last edited by duende; 03-29-2022, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Some new to me bands I find interesting: Las Cafeteras, Lakou Mizik, Martha Redbone Project, 79ers Gang. I'm sure there will be others in the coming weeks. Others?
              Last edited by brooklyngal; 03-29-2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Gonna repost this here since this seems to be the Cubes thread of choice: Did Jazzfest switch out Ludacris for Busta Rhymes and not tell anyone? Or maybe they told everyone but me?

Comment

Surprised that Melissa Etheridge isn't playing before Stevie Nicks. Putting them opposite each other makes far less sense.

Comment

Originally posted by LesWizerables View Post
                    Gonna repost this here since this seems to be the Cubes thread of choice: Did Jazzfest switch out Ludacris for Busta Rhymes and not tell anyone? Or maybe they told everyone but me?
                    Hmmm....I honestly can't remember if Luda was in the original.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post
                      Las Cafeteras seem interesting.
                      Have seen them a couple of times, and liked them a lot

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Hmmm....I honestly can't remember if Luda was in the original.
                        He was in the original daily lists, and he's still listed as a performer in the video on the front page. Very weird. Honestly I'm half-wondering is someone got their 90s hip-hop artists with pun-centric names mixed up!

Comment

NOLA.com:
                          In another change, Ludacris has been replaced by fellow rapper Busta Rhymes as the Congo Square Stage headliner on Friday, May 6.
                          https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...339b4359a.html
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Noooooooo! Bring back ludicrous.

Comment

Was hoping either Bombino or Lindell would be allowed outside to play. Nope. Both in a tent. On a day when my headliner is probably A Sandoval. Hate being in the tents that much especially on Day 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X