Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by thebluesdoctor View Post
    Well, all FOMS is not created equal. As a zydeco lover, I think there is a complete lack of respect for us. What genius scheduled CJ Chenier in the Blues tent and Geno Delafose on the Fais Do Do at the EXACT same time . There are only 14 zydeco bands at the whole damn festival, and they had to put 2 of the best bands on at the same time? And why is CJ in the Blues tent where they don't even want you dancing? Totally ridiculous.
    That is a bit strange. Zydeco at the Fest belongs outside where everyone can dance, plain and simple.

    Comment


    • Is there a chance the fairgrounds would sell out any day? Or is that extremely rare…

      Just making sure as we’re gonna have a large crew.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nosoup4u View Post
        Is there a chance the fairgrounds would sell out any day? Or is that extremely rare…

        Just making sure as we’re gonna have a large crew.
        They do not ever sellout.

        Comment


        • Here's a stray thought that passed through my brain, another year without Benjamin Booker. At this point, it can't be an oversight, either he has no interest in playing JF or they have no interest in having him play. Maybe he doesn't have enough of a NO connection anymore. Any thoughts?

          Comment


          • it occurred to me looking at the cubes the other day: we have (at least I have) somewhat mocked Quint's efforts at having a "women's day" on various stages, and noted that if you just book really good acts, you can have plenty of women performers without some type of gimmick.

            As he always does, Quint has taken our forum comments to heart, and i see that on second saturday there will be a woman headlining the 3 "major" stages (Stevie Nicks, Lauren Daigle, Erykah Badu) and another (Melissa Etheridge) closing the Blues tent. If you're early at Acura you'll also see Samantha Fish and at Gentilly it would be Rickie Lee Jones.

            Maybe it's just me, but I call this far more of a win for festival booking than an effort to put on 6 woman-fronted bands in a row on a single stage.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
              it occurred to me looking at the cubes the other day: we have (at least I have) somewhat mocked Quint's efforts at having a "women's day" on various stages, and noted that if you just book really good acts, you can have plenty of women performers without some type of gimmick.

              As he always does, Quint has taken our forum comments to heart, and i see that on second saturday there will be a woman headlining the 3 "major" stages (Stevie Nicks, Lauren Daigle, Erykah Badu) and another (Melissa Etheridge) closing the Blues tent. If you're early at Acura you'll also see Samantha Fish and at Gentilly it would be Rickie Lee Jones.

              Maybe it's just me, but I call this far more of a win for festival booking than an effort to put on 6 woman-fronted bands in a row on a single stage.
              You are such a "suck-up"!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                it occurred to me looking at the cubes the other day: we have (at least I have) somewhat mocked Quint's efforts at having a "women's day" on various stages, and noted that if you just book really good acts, you can have plenty of women performers without some type of gimmick.

                As he always does, Quint has taken our forum comments to heart, and i see that on second saturday there will be a woman headlining the 3 "major" stages (Stevie Nicks, Lauren Daigle, Erykah Badu) and another (Melissa Etheridge) closing the Blues tent. If you're early at Acura you'll also see Samantha Fish and at Gentilly it would be Rickie Lee Jones.

                Maybe it's just me, but I call this far more of a win for festival booking than an effort to put on 6 woman-fronted bands in a row on a single stage.
                I pointed this out on the cubes podcast. That day, it's not just the headliners (and you can add Lena Prima closing Economy Hall). At Fess Stage, 4 or 5 bands that das are female-fronted; at Gentilly, it's 4 of 6. So not a gimick, just a strong schedule day for the ladies.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                Comment


                • If anyone wants a "readers digest" large print format of the cubes - send an email to [email protected] with the subject cubes and I'll email you back a printable excel version. I created them because I can't read the other ones any more.

                  Comment


                  • Great NPR write-up today about Ukrainian folk-meets-punk DahkaBrahka (cultural x-change tent 4/30).

                    https://www.npr.org/2022/04/20/10917..._medium=social

                    Festival Int'l Louisane side-steppers will be able to catch them later same day. Now, how to get one of them lids, and how to store it properly when you do.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by duende View Post
                      Great NPR write-up today about Ukrainian folk-meets-punk DahkaBrahka (cultural x-change tent 4/30).

                      https://www.npr.org/2022/04/20/10917..._medium=social

                      Festival Int'l Louisane side-steppers will be able to catch them later same day. Now, how to get one of them lids, and how to store it properly when you do.
                      This is my “most looking forward to” performance this year. I've been listening to them for the past couple years. They are a great live act. They’ve been selling out various shows across the country. In 2014, Rolling Stone called them Best Breakout Act at Bonnaroo. Their music definitely grows on you!

                      https://www.riotartists.com/news/rol...t-at-bonnaroo/




                      Comment


                      • For those who have trouble reading the tiny cubes – here is my reader’s digest version Again highlighting key is the same:
                        • Green = likely going
                        • Orange = more likely than yellow
                        • Yellow = more likely than un-highlighted

                        If you want an unhighlighted version, select all and get click the no-fill button

                        Looking forward to seeing many of you at many of these stages

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X