Also, we have food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, we have food

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. April 23 - May 3,2020. Presented by Shell

Oh no oh no oh no. We've lost several notable food vendors. Below are the 2019 booths not listed for '22.

Who's gonna tell Rosie that there are no cracklins!?!?

Cajun Duck Po-Boy, Cajun Shrimp & Duck Pasta
    Crescent Catering

Ropa Vieja (Braised Steak),
    Yucca Fries w/ Chimichurri,
    Paleta de Café con Leche (Coffee Ice Pop)
    Congreso Cubano

Cracklins, Fried Sweet Potato Chips
    Fatty’s Cracklins
    St. Francisville, LA

Creole’s Stuffed Bread
    Sausage, Pepperoni & Mozzarella Stuffed Bread
    Creole’s Lunch House

Jamaican Chicken, Caribbean Fish,
    Curry Chicken Pattie,
    *Steamed Vegetables
    Palmer’s Jamaican Cuisine

Sweet Potato Turnover, Bacon Pecan Square,
    Sweet Potato Pie, Banana Nut Bread
    Marie’s Sugar Dumplings,

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I'm way stoked that Carmo is back as a vendor - I'm going to eat so much pao de queijo.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
        Oh no oh no oh no. We've lost several notable food vendors. Below are the 2019 booths not listed for '22.

Creole’s Stuffed Bread
        Sausage, Pepperoni & Mozzarella Stuffed Bread
        Creole’s Lunch House

Just as bad that there's no Creole's Stuffed Bread for Groovy.

Comment

This thread needs an advisory to not look until AFTER you've had lunch! Pavlov's dog has got nothing on me.

Comment

I kept hitting Control F looking for them.....
            This is tragic.

Comment

Ropa Vieja (Braised Steak),
              Yucca Fries w/ Chimichurri,
              Paleta de Café con Leche (Coffee Ice Pop)
              Congreso Cubano

I've been hitting that every year since they introduced it which I think was that Cuban exchange year. Every time I'm in Pensacola, I get platos of arroz amarillo and ropa vieja at Joe's Caribe. https://www.joescaribe.com/

Comment

No es bueno.

Comment

Cracklins, Fried Sweet Potato Chips
                  Fatty’s Cracklins
                  St. Francisville, LA
                  FATTY'S COME HOME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosetree View Post

FATTY'S COME HOME!!!!!
                    We found respectable cracklins at Conseco’s on Esplanade!

Comment

So need a recommendation: Came to the 2019 Crawfish Festival and my wife *feasted* on the AYCE crawfish. Unfortunately not coming until 2nd weekend this time but is there anywhere at Fest that has good crawfish? But also, can any recommend a good place for crawfish in/around the fringes of the French Quarter? (Staying near the Saenger; ideally would like to eat a LOT of crawfish and then just waddle back to our hotel...) TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by RKar23 View Post
                        So need a recommendation: Came to the 2019 Crawfish Festival and my wife *feasted* on the AYCE crawfish. Unfortunately not coming until 2nd weekend this time but is there anywhere at Fest that has good crawfish? But also, can any recommend a good place for crawfish in/around the fringes of the French Quarter? (Staying near the Saenger; ideally would like to eat a LOT of crawfish and then just waddle back to our hotel...) TIA!
                        Here's the link to the food info. https://www.nojazzfest.com/food/ There are several crawfish dishes. I love the crawfish enchiladas and this year I'm going to try the crawfish etoufee. and the crawfish cake. I don't mess with boiled crawfish. If I'm going to work for my food, it's going to be crab. But I think the consensus is you don't get many crawfish for your money compared to getting crawfish outside the fest. Too bad you can't make the patry. It's all you can eat crawfish.
                        Last edited by funkkjunkie; 03-30-2022, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                          Too bad you can't make the patry. It's all you can eat crawfish...
                          Aargh, don't remind of this! (Had to give up my patry tickets. )

And I totally hear you about putting in the work for crawfish. (Personally, even crablegs aren't enough bang for the buck for moi). But for some reason, my wife loves digging into the shells and working to get that perfect bite (over and over again...) Hopefully someone(s) will have a recommendation for finding endless crawfish!

Comment

Originally posted by RKar23 View Post
                            Not right near the FQ but a short Canal St Streetcar ride away are 2 good spots in Mid City, Clesi's and Bevi, both with indoor and outdoor seating. I doubt there is anyplace all that great near The Quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by teetertotter View Post
                              No es bueno.
                              Lol - Joe's or Congresso Cubano? Joe's is mack now that they moved to N. 12th away from the base. The mofongos are great there too. But I like Puerto Rican. I did like the ropa at the fest as well, so I will certainly get that.

Comment

Working...
                              X