Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which single FOMO conflict is the hardest for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which single FOMO conflict is the hardest for you?

As is the case every year, there are numerous irresolvable conflicts, but for me the most painful one is Randy Newman opposite the Spencer Bohren tribute.

If you had to pick just one (I know, creating a FOMO of FOMOs), which would it be?

We are going second weekend. Biggest FOM would be Ziggy Marley v. Billy Strings. But Honey Island v. Doctor John tribute is a close second.

Comment

For me, it's Billy Strings vs Bettye LaVette. I've seen Bettye 4 or 5 times, love her unique voice. Never seen Billy, so normally I'd lean that way. But Bettye is 76, while Billy is still in his 20s, so maybe that tilts the balance back. Dammit.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
        For me, it's Billy Strings vs Bettye LaVette. I've seen Bettye 4 or 5 times, love her unique voice. Never seen Billy, so normally I'd lean that way. But Bettye is 76, while Billy is still in his 20s, so maybe that tilts the balance back. Dammit.
        I saw Dionne Warwick at City Winery in NYC recently and both Bettye LaVette and Roberta Flack were in the audience. Unfortunately neither joined her on stage.

Comment

Andrew Duhon vs Dottie Peoples vs John Boutte vs Kenny Neal vs Revivalists vs Hurray for the Riff Raff is impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post
            As is the case every year, there are numerous irresolvable conflicts, but for me the most painful one is Randy Newman opposite the Spencer Bohren tribute.

If you had to pick just one (I know, creating a FOMO of FOMOs), which would it be?
            Agree with the awfulness of Randy vs. The Spencer tribute, but I'm really struggling with Zachary Richard vs. Rick Trolsen at opposite ends of the fairgrounds. Haven't seen either for far too long...

Comment

While Jordan’s time slot is the single most FOMS slot of the 2 weekends, my single toughest FOMS is one that will make most of you shake your head and say “bless his heart” in a southern way of saying “what a poor dumb idiot.” I have two acts I like to see each year not so much for the quality of the music but the sheer joy of the people that attend and the infectious nature of the crowd-artist interaction if you give yourself over to it completely. I of course am talking about the mammoth conflict of Treme Brass Band in Economy Hall versus Cowboy Mouth at Festival stage. Do I second line like there is no yesterday, no tomorrow OR do I hug complete strangers, get down on the ground, leap into the air and scream out “let it go, let it go, let it go” — this decision has me completely vexed. I may need therapy.

Comment

The Neville tribute to Art and Charles ---- this will cause you to miss all or most of: Chris Isaak, Stanton Moore, Erica falls, tommy Malone, Johnson Extension and Zion Harmonizers.
                Also, Cimafunk v Midnight Disturbers, but Cimafunk has two different sets so not the ultimate FOMO.
                I think this year anyone against Andrew Duhon is not a FOMO, I'm just committed to be at the Duhon set.

Comment

Tom McDermott and Aurora Nealand duo v. Amina Figarova Sextet.

Comment

Lots of fairgrounds conflicts but my number one conflict this year and maybe ever is the night shows. Mobetta w Anderson paak vs midnight preserves. Killing me.

Comment

Same here about the night. My (second) Thursday night FOMO is my worst one --- have tickets to the Mars Williams Music Box Village show; Andrew Duhon is doing an outdoor listening party called A Needle Falls in the Forest for his new album, and if it goes to 6 games, Pels hosting Suns at the SKC that night.
                      Edit to note: only solution is to beat the Suns in 5!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                        … Pels hosting Suns at the SKC that night.
                        Good to know. Now I’ll know where to go if I need a nap that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                          Good to know. Now I’ll know where to go if I need a nap that night.
                          to the loudest largest sold out venue in the city????

Comment

to the loudest largest sold out venue in the city????
                            Nah, I’ll be at Music Box Village.

Comment

The Neville tribute to Art and Charles ---- this will cause you to miss all or most of: Chris Isaak, Stanton Moore, Erica falls, tommy Malone, Johnson Extension and Zion Harmonizers.
                              Also, Cimafunk v Midnight Disturbers, but Cimafunk has two different sets so not the ultimate FOMO.
                              I think this year anyone against Andrew Duhon is not a FOMO, I'm just committed to be at the Duhon set.
                              That Friday 5/6 block from 3-6 has so much I’d cheerfully dedicate my full attention to…

Tommy Malone, The Nevilles Tribute, Chris Isaac, Boz Scaggs, Preservation Hall, Cimafunk, Touissaint Tribute, Sonny Landreth, Campbell Bros, Midnite Disturbers

And some of these acts deserve our undivided set-long attention, but I’ll probably base some of my grazing on location (shade?), venue (crowd/sound quality), and proximity to a cool beverage to deal with the 89 temps.

Good luck, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X