The Best Thing I Saw Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Thing I Saw Friday

The War and Treaty. Nothing a close second.

Boyfriend killed.

Comment

Arturo Sandoval represented what Jazz Fest is all about......

Comment

Originally posted by FestJester View Post
        Arturo Sandoval represented what Jazz Fest is all about......
        He looked like he was having the most fun of anybody in that tent.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post
          Agreed. Sweet Crude was good and they brought out Big Freda.

Last edited by ice nine; 04-29-2022, 09:24 PM.

Comment

YYR. Although I really enjoyed Cee-Lo Green too. More than I thought I might.

Comment

Agree wholeheartedly. Amazing set.

Comment

Didn’t go out today but ran into Jam in the Van at Wrong Iron. Lettuce is Sunday at 5:00pm and between that, Rage Fest tomorrow night, opening for Cheese on Wednesday and Bonnaroo, that’s 4 shows in 7 weeks. Happy.

Comment

Really 1st thing I saw was the best is people smiling dancing and enjoying everything and everyone around them. THAT was the best thing I saw and was looking forward to. Enjoy Tomorrow!!

Comment

Leyla McCalla was my favorite of the day. Cee Lo was fun. Just happy to be there!

Comment

War & Treaty. There are not many performers who can move an audience like they can. Far and away the best set of the day for me.

Was a little disappointed by Cee Lo. It was high energy, for sure, but something about the show just didn’t quite click.

But yeah, it was great just to be back on the Fairgrounds.

Comment

Rosie Ledet, followed by Bombino in CEP. War and Treaty sound mix in Blues Tent didn’t work too well for me. I love them but probably spoiled by having seen them in much better and smaller settings.

Comment

I was just happy to be there.

Lisa had a rest day after Thursday night, and I cruised around watching bits of lots of stuff at various stages and was happy to see the likes of Little Freddie King and John Sansone again and enjoyed Eric Lindell with a big band and finished off with Jeffrey Brousard and the Creole Cowpeople

Comment

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Lionel Ritchie and Cee-Lo. Danced my butt off! I adore W&T. They truly know how to put on a show. If I hadn't seen them last summer, I would have been there. Doug Kershaw was fantastic, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                              Boyfriend killed.
                              Boyfriend was spectacular.
                              I also enjoyed Arturo Sandoval, but kept wondering why he wasn't playing more trumpet, which is what i really wanted to hear.
                              When he explained that after 60 years he kind of hates trumpets it was a bit of a shock.
                              Have seen War & Treaty kill it at Blues Stage before, so i passed through there on way out, but it was time for a big Covid related speech about those we've lost, and while heartfelt no doubt, was not what i was up for at the moment and headed out.
                              Also, the horns for Cee-Lo's james brown thing were Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X