Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Was Getting Into The Fest on Opening Friday? Long lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Was Getting Into The Fest on Opening Friday? Long lines?

There were reports of long lines to get in. Some waited an hour to get in. How bad was it?

Line up?

Comment

I passed the Sauvage gate at 10 am heading to the bike corral, no lines at ticket purchase/resolution. Maybe 100 or so in line for fest entry at that point.

After Luizza's, I returned around 11:10, and was surprised to see a half-block long line on Sauvage (usually lines form only to the left on Fortin). With lines from 3 streets mrrging, it too maybe 20 minutes to get in and past security. Usually at that point, getting to the ticket takers is quick, yesterday it was another 5 minutes. I guess the wristbands and/or e-tickets slow things down a bit, at least on day 1. The good news is I didn't see anyone being turned away for invalid wristbands.

Nola.com reported "And early arrivals Friday faced waits ranging from 30 minutes to more than an hour to enter at the festival’s Sauvage Street gate. At one point, the line snaked down Fortin Street." One TH told me 1.5 hours to get in for them.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Line snaked up to Mystery and then down again. Took about an hour to get in. This was at 11:30.
        Last edited by ice nine; 04-30-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Horrifying. We waited 1.5 hours to get in.

Comment

If you came up Fortin it was a mess. In line at 10:40, in at 11:50. I think people in that line were far too meek to push right as they got to the gate so they weren’t taking full advantage. Hard to get over to express no bag entry line. One of the volunteers I know said they were having internet or other comm issues that likely added to the problems.

Comment

Pro tip - yesterday, there were 3 lines converging on the Sauvage gate: one from each direction on Fortin, and one from Sauvage itself. I think the Fortin line from Mystery is the longest. Use one of the others, or use the Gentilly gate.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

DId anyone use Trafalgar entrance? We may try that today.

Comment

Yikes! In past years this happened on opening day but things sped up after that. I hope the same this year. On my way over in a few.

Comment

I got in in about 5 minutes today about noon at the Fortin entrance in the No Bag/Chair line. They weren't prepared to read the bar code but they tore the strip off the ticket so we didn't have to go to the back of the much bigger bag people line.
                    Last edited by chopitulas; 04-30-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

No line up today. I felt so guilty just walking by the line up on Friday.

Comment

It was fine today. I heard that the scanners went down yesterday.

Comment

Yeah no issues at all. Great Fest day.

Comment

Working...
                          X