Bleachers at Festival Stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleachers at Festival Stage?

Just curious if there are Bleachers at the stage formerly known as Acura. The map doesn't show them but, I'm hoping they're back.

No. Bleachers at nee-Acura gone. Still at Congo, but smaller.

Comment

There are bleachers at the festival stage

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterTailTommy View Post
        Not the big grandstands that have been there for the last few fests.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterTailTommy View Post
          There are not, sadly

Comment

Both VIP stands are there, but the free GA ones are gone.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Ahhh. Didn't realize it wasn't free

Comment

Any idea why? The festival stage is a difficult one to begin with. Sans bleachers it’s my least favorite stage.

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

Any idea why? .
                  $$$$
                  Were you there? Everything around that area costs $$ to visit. No free rides as someone said in another thread. Congo Square smaller but still free. I am convinced that is because of minority sensitivities and fearful of risks of being labeled as ....name your poison.

I am also of the opinion, but admittedly without inside knowledge, that some of the reason that all food and drink products prices rose so significantly is not solely a result of supply issues but even more so, a result of higher costs levied by Fest management just to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

Any idea why? The festival stage is a difficult one to begin with. Sans bleachers it’s my least favorite stage.
                    I saw a bunch of great sets there this year and easily got up to the rail for every one including Shorty that I just got back from. No really huge crowds on any of the 4 days that I went including today. It does seem like every year the VIP section upfront grows a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I saw a bunch of great sets there this year and easily got up to the rail for every one including Shorty that I just got back from. No really huge crowds on any of the 4 days that I went in...
                      Out of curiosity, were you there on Saturday for Stevie Nicks? I am a relatively new JFester (this was #3) but from where I was, the GA looked crazy *packed*. (I overheard a few people talking about when Elton John or DMB played there but didn't hear how that compared to Stevie).

Thanks.

Comment

Both DMB (first appearance) and Elton were far more packed than Stevie. First Phish was pretty overstuffed, too. Elton was the worst.

Comment

Stevie Nicks IMO was about as crowded as the last Springsteen day, but nowhere close to Elton or DMB 01.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Stevie Nicks IMO was about as crowded as the last Springsteen day, but nowhere close to Elton or DMB 01.
                            Thank you for the reminder of the awesomeness of the last Springsteen day...

Comment

Originally posted by Tye 1on View Post

Thank you for the reminder of the awesomeness of the last Springsteen day...
                              I had a blast the 4 days that I went but I could have used a Bruce or Neil day. Or better yet a Stones day! Haha. someday....

Comment

Working...
                              X