music box village/mars williams questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music box village/mars williams questions

Hey gang, I'm stoked as can be to be planning my first visit to the music box village tomorrow night for the Mars Williams Devil's Whistle show.
    Having never been, and as I'm taking my wife, can anyone tell me the following:
    Will there be seating, and does that mean seating way in the back where you can't see anything?
    If there isn't seating, can fest-styled folding chairs be brought?
    Hows the attitude toward on-site cannabis use?
    On time start and early finish?
    Pro tips???

It is an "in the round" space. There is a stage area, but this performance will use all of the 12 or 14 "house" sound sculptures with the most of seating (benches) set within the circle of the houses. You could probably set up your own chairs outside of this central area; it is a large space. The doors open at 7; the performance is scheduled for 8 but I would guess it will start a little bit after that, and the piece is estimated to be about an hour long, and in any event it has to end by 10 as per agreement with the neighborhood.

Comment

Thank you sir!
      just the knowledge I need.
      sounds like best experience is by arriving early and grabbing a seat on a bench inside the circle.
      I am hoping the wife and I can also wander through the whole joint, even if we have to take turns.
      looks amazing in night time photos

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
        Thank you sir!
        just the knowledge I need.
        sounds like best experience is by arriving early and grabbing a seat on a bench inside the circle.
        I am hoping the wife and I can also wander through the whole joint, even if we have to take turns.
        looks amazing in night time photos
        You should be able to wonder all around; every time I have been there it has had a very chill local audience--i.e., no colonizing of space like at a Jazz Fest stage.

Comment

There are also a few bleacher style seats tucked into the outer edges. Also, the bar offerings are very good.

Comment

I’ve been there twice before and am going tonight. It’s a very cool venue. You’re going to love it.

Comment

Thanks to all for the pro tips on MBV. Cant say it enough, great venue, great show, great all around experience. Helped ease the sting of missing my first ever Billy Strings and Mr Sipp gigs by being unable to go to the fair yesterday. My attendance today also unclear due to the dreaded "W" word...............

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                Thanks to all for the pro tips on MBV. Cant say it enough, great venue, great show, great all around experience.
                Yeah, I thought it spectacular. Even the weather co-operated, with only a few drops of rain as a tease.

Comment

Amazing show. I have never seen anyone use the space as well

Comment

Working...
                  X