Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie has cancelled

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...d8e9d1749.html

Nelson has canceled his Jazz Fest show and postponed several other shows following a "positive COVID case in the Willie Nelson Family Band," according to a statement from Nelson's representatives that Jazz Fest posted to its social media accounts Friday afternoon.

Additionally, Meters bassist George Porter Jr. announced Friday that he has tested positive for COVID and will miss his scheduled nighttime shows during Jazz Fest's second weekend.

Sounding hoarse in a video posted to Instagram, Porter said he feels the virus "Mostly in my head. I feel better today than I did yesterday and I assume that tomorrow I'll feel even better."

The festival has not yet announced a replacement for Nelson, who was scheduled to close the Shell Gentilly Stage on Sunday, the 2002 festival's final day. His son Lukas Nelson's band Promise of the Real is still slated to perform on the same stage Sunday at 2:15 p.m.

The country music legend previously canceled a March show at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, citing COVID concerns.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

WOW. I guess it's to be expected? My brother from San Diego casually mentioned wanting to see WIllie Nelson before WIllie hung it up or passed on and his wife surprised him with tickets and a flight. So we've got some adjusting to do on the fly.
    On 48 hours notice? I would call Lettuce for a 4pm set and move the Rads to last for the traditionalism. If they haven't moved on down the road yet.......

Comment

This really bums me out. I had tix to see him back in March too. I guess I have to catch him in Austin.
      Last edited by jjazznj; 05-07-2022, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Willie’s birthday gala out at Luck had a lot of hugs & guest stars if you’ve seen the pix. Which are good things at a birthday party - and also a cringe-y thing if this is rocketing back now. I hope he doesn’t personally have to deal - it was a not-exactly-debilitating but seriously fatiguing episode for me. The fuzziness that folks talk about, seriously bad tinnitus, headaches that made every cough/sneeze hurt from behind my eyes, deep body aches that felt like trying to walk after “leg day”. Wouldn’t wish it on an enemy.

Comment

The Zac Brown Band is the replacement for Willie Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            The Zac Brown Band is the replacement for Willie Nelson.
            Yuge downgrade

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterTailTommy View Post

Yuge downgrade
              Kinda ruins the day for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Kinda ruins the day for me.
                Same. I had envisioned posting up at gentilly all day with each act getting better and better up through Willie. Alas, wasn't meant to be I guess

Comment

Working...
                X