Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New single from 'Black Laurel' Last Word.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New single from 'Black Laurel' Last Word.

Give it a spin. Only a few minutes and there's pictures. Also available on most music platforms/streaming services.

Recorded by Grammy winning producer, Rick Nelson ( New Orleans Nightcrawlers ) at Marigny Studio.

Last Word by Black Laurel - YouTube

Congrats old man Good stuff. Where you been? Still iPhone issues?
    I assume that Quint contacted you about filling in for Willie Nelson Sunday? Did you blow him off?
    Last edited by 20/20; 05-07-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry I missed you Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Give it a spin. Only a few minutes and there's pictures. Also available on most music platforms/streaming services.

Recorded by Grammy winning producer, Rick Nelson ( New Orleans Nightcrawlers ) at Marigny Studio.

Last Word by Black Laurel - YouTube
        Sounds great, Gregg!

Comment

Nice funky tune, Greg! I hear a bit of "Shakedown Street" envelope follower in one of the guitar lines... (Or was that the "Estimated Prophet" jam sound.)

Comment

I think that was the first time that I have listened to one of your songs (shame on me) It was real good! Congrats !!!

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
              Nice funky tune, Greg! I hear a bit of "Shakedown Street" envelope follower in one of the guitar lines... (Or was that the "Estimated Prophet" jam sound.)
              Definitely Shakedown-meets-Meters, with a nod to the Chambers Brothers , too, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Definitely Shakedown-meets-Meters, with a nod to the Chambers Brothers , too, I think.

Time (Has Come Today)

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                  Congrats old man Good stuff. Where you been? Still iPhone issues?
                  I assume that Quint contacted you about filling in for Willie Nelson Sunday? Did you blow him off?
                  I actually did run into FB Gregg and his delightful wife late yesterday at Fest post their meeting with Quint, but I thought that it was not the time and place to enquire as to why Black Laurel had not been added to the bill.

I look forward to listening to the new track in the morning , when my ears are working better.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes to the Estimated/Shakedown Vibe. Dusted off my envelope filter for that one. Yes to Meters vibe. There is an ascending rhythm guitar part stolen right from Leo and the track 'Can You Do Without' ( Fire on the Bayou album ). Yes to Chamber Brothers, although we had trouble getting a good sounding soundbite, so that is me screaming "time" in triple track. I would also include some Talking Heads influence on some of the rhythm guitar in the intro and outro.

Anybody guess the soundbite that starts it off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                      Thanks guys. Yes to the Estimated/Shakedown Vibe. Dusted off my envelope filter for that one. Yes to Meters vibe. There is an ascending rhythm guitar part stolen right from Leo and the track 'Can You Do Without' ( Fire on the Bayou album ). Yes to Chamber Brothers, although we had trouble getting a good sounding soundbite, so that is me screaming "time" in triple track. I would also include some Talking Heads influence on some of the rhythm guitar in the intro and outro.

Anybody guess the soundbite that starts it off ?
                      Now that you mention it I can hear the “Slippery People” type riff in the intro.

Is that soundbite from The Time Machine?

Comment

That is good!

Comment

In order....

20/20, saw you at Threadhead Thursday and was going to come say hi, but got distracted.

Johnny, sorry I missed you. Was up in Chicago for my Dad's memorial for first weekend. Ate nothing but pizza ( best in the world ), Beef's, Gyros and Chi Town style hot dogs. So much better than New Orleans food, imo.

Thank you, Rosie !!

Nice job, Lit. H.G. Wells/Time Machine, circa 1960

Headless...thanks my man !!
                          Last edited by Marignygregg; 05-12-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Love the single, great job!

Hopefully more to come??

I see you made it back to Chicago; looks like you had your fill of great food.

Funny, we retuned to Chicago on Monday and dinner was pizza from our favorite neighborhood pizza joint!!! While at the fest, we saw the gyros stand, however we could not even talk ourselves into trying it, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by BB Chgo View Post
                              Love the single, great job!

Hopefully more to come??

I see you made it back to Chicago; looks like you had your fill of great food.

Funny, we retuned to Chicago on Monday and dinner was pizza from our favorite neighborhood pizza joint!!! While at the fest, we saw the gyros stand, however we could not even talk ourselves into trying it, LOL!
                              Thank you, BB. Yes, more to come. We plan on putting out a single every couple of months and compile them into a proper album after we get to 9 or 10. In a holding pattern currently, with our producer ( Rick Nelson ) out on tour with Afghan Whigs.

New Orleans, Gyros....sigh....they put shredded lettuce on it, like it's a goddamn po-boy. Chicago food is the best. Don't even get me started on what passes for pizza in this town.

Comment

Working...
                              X