Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Chris Mule leave HISB?

whats the deal?

No inside info but so know He had a terrible back injury. Took a very long time to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Octane808 View Post
      No inside info but so know He had a terrible back injury. Took a very long time to recover.
      I think from a horrible car accident

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

I think from a horrible car accident
        Actually, it was from a railing on the 2nd floor balcony of his apartment failing and he took a bad fall. Just saw a nice pic a Threadhead took of him at Jazz Fest so he is definitely getting out more. I think he did a Chris Mule' Band gig at the Faubourg Brewery recently. I don't know who was in the band but Chris knows a lot of good players.

Comment

He’s been out of Honey Island for quite a while now yes?

Comment

pre pandemic + a couple. 5 years now? Band is not the same without him although they are still a fav. Also think eric Lindell was at his best when Mule was his lead guitarist. Lindell has become quite a good guitar player through the years. Still, that was something special..

Comment

Chris has been effectively out of HISB since the accident in late 2018...he was unable to play and the band had contracts to fulfill at the very least...however, many surgeries and rehab sessions later, Chris is back on stage with his new band...we caught the opening gig at the rabbit hole first weekend...absolutely great to see and hear him in the fine form y'all remember and have sorely missed

Comment

I thought after Chris left, HISB sounded pretty flat. But recently, I think Lee Yankie has really gelled with the band. I saw 'em at FQ Fest, at Daze Fest, and again doing the Darkside show at Broadside, and I think they're sounding great.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Awkward, but I hope Chris going to do "his" HISB tunes with his own band.

And on a somewhat related note, I have to say that dropping $20 at the spreader HISB d.b.a. set on the Thursday before 1st weekend had me feeling a bit like a Fest-maroon when I noticed/heard that Sam wasn't even in the house. I didn't expect the backwater-double-A touring team thing on their home turf. A-Ron can almost carry it, but those guys looked beat to me. A hard reality for a steadfast fan who first caught them at the Hi-Ho opening for Clockwork Elvis - I didn't even wander over for the fairgrounds set, and that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                    I thought after Chris left, HISB sounded pretty flat. But recently, I think Lee Yankie has really gelled with the band. I saw 'em at FQ Fest, at Daze Fest, and again doing the Darkside show at Broadside, and I think they're sounding great.
                    I saw them at JF back in 2019 and thought they sounded better than ever.

Comment

Mule sighting earlier tonight:

Tonight at the Leaf!
                      CHRIS MULE AND FRIENDS
                      9PM

https://www.facebook.com/mapleaf.oak...0382052639741/

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                        Mule sighting earlier tonight:

Tonight at the Leaf!
                        CHRIS MULE AND FRIENDS
                        9PM

https://www.facebook.com/mapleaf.oak...0382052639741/
                        Did you go? I got a text to come, but it was 10:30 and I had just gone to bed (middle age sucks).

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

Did you go? I got a text to come, but it was 10:30 and I had just gone to bed (middle age sucks).
                          No, I saw that he had played at 2am.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

No, I saw that he had played at 2am.
                            Aw man, I can't do that on a school night. 10 pm is a challenge on weeknights, LOLOL. Glad to hear Chris is out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

Aw man, I can't do that on a school night. 10 pm is a challenge on weeknights, LOLOL. Glad to hear Chris is out and about.
                              Heck, 10 pm is a challenge on weekENDS, who're we kidding?

Comment

Working...
                              X