Did anybody see Lauren Daigle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody see Lauren Daigle

Did she draw a big crowd? Did Shorty sit in , they have a song together on his new record .
    Last edited by jonnygospeltent; 05-10-2022, 09:32 AM.

I wasn't there, but according to the story in the paper, the crowd was light and Shorty did make an appearance.

Comment

I skipped that day and even if I were there, I wouldn't be seeing her. Each account I've read made a point that she didn't draw a large crowd. IMHO she shouldn't have been a closer at that stage.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
        IMHO she shouldn't have been a closer at that stage.
        IMHO she shouldn't have been at the Fest at all.

Comment

I saw her first few tunes. She had a huge band. I left after about 3 tunes or so. Saying she shouldn't have been at Fest may be extreme, but IMO she certainly should not have been a closer at Gentilly. Shorty did show up and play as did some Mardi Gras Indians (not sure who). I wasn't there for those sit-ins though.

Comment

Originally posted by belyin View Post

I was too nervous to say this myself, but I agree completely.

Comment

Wow. Why do you say that she doesn’t belong? Because of her faith?

Comment

Why not? Contemporary Christian isn't my genre of choice, but just about every other genre of modern music (except EDM) is represented at Fest. And you can't argue against the religious aspect as long as you have a Gospel Tent.

Plus, she's from Louisiana.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Why not? Contemporary Christian isn't my genre of choice, but just about every other genre of modern music (except EDM) is represented at Fest. And you can't argue against the religious aspect as long as you have a Gospel Tent.

They should have her come on immediately after another Louisiana heavyweight from an ignored genre: CROWBAR

Comment

I'm not supporting someone who doesn't support the rights of the LGBTQ community.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Plenty of great artists from New Orleans never play the Fest, but that is not the point here. What is the point is that she disrespected the people of New Orleans by allowing herself to be the draw for Sean Feucht's "Let Us Worship" rally that flaunted social distancing and masking in New Orleans when the city was under a lock down order and suffered from very high rates of infection.

Comment

In a town like Fort Wayne Lauren sells out the arena and Stevie plays a small theatre

Comment

She would be the last person I'd watch at the fest. Christian Pop is not my jam. Haha.

Comment

Plenty of great artists from New Orleans never play the Fest, but that is not the point here. What is the point is that she disrespected the people of New Orleans by allowing herself to be the draw for Sean Feucht's "Let Us Worship" rally that flaunted social distancing and masking in New Orleans when the city was under a lock down order and suffered from very high rates of infection.
                            This...

Comment

I just don't like her music

Comment

Working...
                              X