Did anybody see Lauren Daigle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
    I'm not supporting someone who doesn't support the rights of the LGBTQ community.
    Kinda why I don't ever go to the Gospel Tent. My beliefs are much different from theirs. They sing about things I think are made up. That and most of the music sounds so cliched to my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Kinda why I don't ever go to the Gospel Tent. My beliefs are much different from theirs. They sing about things I think are made up. That and most of the music sounds so cliched to my ears.
      The Gospel Tent is not about what hits my ears.

I love it. I don’t spend a ton of time there, but I am drawn there at least a few times every Fest—almost always for a mass choir— and consider it to be an essential part of the pilgrimage.

Like a baptism. It’s good for my soul.

I’m gettin’ all tingly now just thinking about it.

Saw a great Mavis performance there once, Irma too.

And sometimes just watching the Tambourine Lady was worth the visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

The Gospel Tent is not about what hits my ears.

I love it. I don’t spend a ton of time there, but I am drawn there at least a few times every Fest—almost always for a mass choir— and consider it to be an essential part of the pilgrimage.

Like a baptism. It’s good for my soul.

I’m gettin’ all tingly now just thinking about it.

Saw a great Mavis performance there once, Irma too.

And sometimes just watching the Tambourine Lady was worth the visit.
        Good Stuff Lit. Every once in awhile you make me overlook the fact that you are a lawyer! Joking...Joking. Forgive me. Well thought out and well articulated.

Comment

When I listen to some of the singers and band members and the general level of talent, it makes me want to scour all the religious institutions in the land and form a killer band!

Comment

Christian pop or rock has typically never reached me because of the heavy-handedness of the do-gooder lyrics (Kings X is a rare exception). But you should probably pay some kind of attention to the lyrics - Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is probably misunderstood by many. Why is Mavis' material so appealing and Lauren Daigle's songbook so seemingly lighter-weight? It's a subjective thing. But I've been to church many times with artists who don't seem like they're preaching to/at me. Mike Farris with the McCrary Sisters... wow, and why he isn't booked semi-regularly at Fest is beyond me. The Campbell Brothers, among many others in the sacred steel vein, bring a native gospel ethos without beating you over the head with it. My hometown has had several pop/rock artists who moved to Nashville and have found success in the very-well-funded Christian music industry - Charlie Peacock is probably the best-known, Brent Bourgeois (Bourgeois-Tagg) is another. Hard nope for me, but I'm happy for anyone that has an outlet, can earn a living, and connected with their target audience.

Comment

Strange coincidence but I just noticed that I was listening to Lauren and having lunch from Chick Fil A (and to go fot the trifecta on a placemat from Hobby Lobby) I will probably get excommunicated from a few folks on here

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                Strange coincidence but I just noticed that I was listening to Lauren and having lunch from Chick Fil A (and to go fot the trifecta on a placemat from Hobby Lobby) I will probably get excommunicated from a few folks on here

Would have been perfect, if only you had called it the Holy Trinity.

Comment

it's all fun and games until you have to stop shopping at Home Depot

Comment

She's headlining TWO nights at Red Rocks. I had no idea. And have no opinion on her music or talent either.

Comment

Google her she is awesome

Comment

Google her she is awesome
                        Yuck. With all the music in this world her by the numbers overproduced religious pop may be the last thing I'd want to listen to. Enjoy that Chick Fil A.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Yuck. With all the music in this world her by the numbers overproduced religious pop may be the last thing I'd want to listen to. Enjoy that Chick Fil A.
                          To each, their peach (or not).

Speaking of which, Chick fil A has a nice peach milkshake in the summer months.

Comment

lemme guess, you are an old, fat, white guy?

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterTailTommy View Post

lemme guess, you are an old, fat, white guy?
                              Totally uncalled for.

I don't know her music except for the one track she does with Shorty, and I'm not politically or otherwise aligned with what I understand of her values, but gratuitously insulting people simply because their tastes and values differ from yours ends up saying more about you than about them.

You should be thankful for different tastes; otherwise everyone would be crowding the same venues.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Totally uncalled for.

I don't know her music except for the one track she does with Shorty, and I'm not politically or otherwise aligned with what I understand of her values, but gratuitously insulting people simply because their tastes and values differ from yours ends up saying more about you than about them.

You should be thankful for different tastes; otherwise everyone would be crowding the same venues.
                                Haha. I say the same thing to my friends. Life would be a drag if we all liked the exact same things!

Hopefully that was an attempt at humor responding to another post of the same.

BTW, I dislike that woman because I think her music is terrible. She sounds like a cross between Amy Grant, Celine Dion and Adele. Haha. Totally cliched music and lyrics. Not sure what Shorty was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X