No announcement yet.

Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote - North Mississippi All Stars at Tips- I worship at the alter of Luther Dickinson. Adding a bass player has given Luther the freedom to cut loose and jam wildly and I was in heaven.
    I just adore him. He loves to play. He's kind. He gets out to see other musicians play, something not many musicians do. The haus band set at the patry was epic and they had no set list. They all just let it rip and it was beautiful. I get to choose where I see NMAS this summer. I can go to Kenny Brown's MIssissippi Hill Country Picnic or I can cross the river into North Little Rock for a free NMAS show on the Friday of the picnic weekend. IF I stay home to see NMAS, I can drive up to Fayetteville the next day to see Dale Watson. FOMS>

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
      Quote - North Mississippi All Stars at Tips- I worship at the alter of Luther Dickinson. Adding a bass player has given Luther the freedom to cut loose and jam wildly and I was in heaven.
      I just adore him. He loves to play. He's kind. He gets out to see other musicians play, something not many musicians do. The haus band set at the patry was epic and they had no set list. They all just let it rip and it was beautiful. I get to choose where I see NMAS this summer. I can go to Kenny Brown's MIssissippi Hill Country Picnic or I can cross the river into North Little Rock for a free NMAS show on the Friday of the picnic weekend. IF I stay home to see NMAS, I can drive up to Fayetteville the next day to see Dale Watson. FOMS>
      I'd definitely hit that MIssissippi Hill Country Picnic. I've been trying for years to get over there. I will be seeing Dale Watson this coming Monday in Austin but want to hit Hernando's Hide-A-Way one of these days.

Comment

Luther just killed it with the Haus Band at The Patry. Hadn't seen him in a few years and didn't recognize him at first as he was so clean-cut looking. But once he started to play and sing it all came back.....

Comment

Originally posted by FestJester View Post
          Luther just killed it with the Haus Band at The Patry. Hadn't seen him in a few years and didn't recognize him at first as he was so clean-cut looking. But once he started to play and sing it all came back.....
          Looking forward to seeing him in London next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I'd definitely hit that MIssissippi Hill Country Picnic. I've been trying for years to get over there. I will be seeing Dale Watson this coming Monday in Austin but want to hit Hernando's Hide-A-Way one of these days.
            I love the picnic. I just have to commit to being hot as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by FestJester View Post
              NMAS killed it at a MD blues festival 5/22. Luther was transcendant at times. He can search for a sound/feeling like Anders can/could at his peak. Really stood out amongst a sea of guitarists.

Comment

Love all the Love for NMAS and Luther they are awesome. Chew was a great bass player, but the new guy is really good as well and can sing. For me it's the addition of Lamar Williams Jr. on vocals that has taken them to an even higher level. I'm scouring their schedule myself for a big road trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                  Love all the Love for NMAS and Luther they are awesome. Chew was a great bass player, but the new guy is really good as well and can sing. For me it's the addition of Lamar Williams Jr. on vocals that has taken them to an even higher level. I'm scou
                  ring their schedule myself for a big road trip!!
                  I liked the gal he had for the album before this new one who I believe came from a Mississippi fife and drum family.

Great to see all the love for Luther.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I liked the gal he had for the album before this new one who I believe came from a Mississippi fife and drum family.

Great to see all the love for Luther.
                    Shardé Thomas of the Rising Star Fife and Drum Band
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Shardé Thomas of the Rising Star Fife and Drum Band
                      Thanks. I thought she was a great addition.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

Thanks. I thought she was a great addition.
                        I watched Sharde Thomas grow up. I believe the first time I saw her she was about 8 or 10 and she's now probably about 23 or 24. Her grandfather was Otha Turner. I love that Luther brings her on. tour some times. She has also played the jazzfest on the Lagniappe stage on her own a couple times. ON another Luther note, I'm so thankful for the years Southern Soul Assembly toured with Luther, Anders, JJ and Marc. Those were fantastic shows.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

I watched Sharde Thomas grow up. I believe the first time I saw her she was about 8 or 10 and she's now probably about 23 or 24. Her grandfather was Otha Turner. I love that Luther brings her on. tour some times. She has also played the jazzfest on the Lagniappe stage on her own a couple times. ON another Luther note, I'm so thankful for the years Southern Soul Assembly toured with Luther, Anders, JJ and Marc. Those were fantastic shows.
                          How quickly they all grow up.

Sharde is 32.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                            Love all the Love for NMAS and Luther they are awesome. Chew was a great bass player, but the new guy is really good as well and can sing. For me it's the addition of Lamar Williams Jr. on vocals that has taken them to an even higher level. I'm scouring their schedule myself for a big road trip!!
                            A few (10?) years ago I stuck around town for almost a week after Fest. Caught a show at the Leaf, Luther, Porter and Simon Lott on drums (he might have been trading out with Johnny V). One of my top 5 shows of all time. Also on Jam Cruise 3, the original NMAS (trio w/ Chris Chew) with Theresa Anderson sitting in for most of the show. Tremendous! Luther should be mentioned on any list of modern-day (born after 1970) guitar gods.
                            Last edited by vegas; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vegas View Post

.... Tremendous! Luther should be mentioned on any list of modern-day (born after 1070) guitar gods.
                              I think that covers pretty much everybody who has ever played a guitar, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

I think that covers pretty much everybody who has ever played a guitar, lol!
                                Thanks for the heads up. Amazon Fire tablets suck. Typo corrected

Comment

Working...
                                X