Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Dates

Looks like no first Thursday again.

Last edited by swag; 05-10-2022, 02:49 PM.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

I would describe it as no 1'st Thursday, but yeah.

Comment

Patry = May 2

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
        I would describe it as no 1'st Thursday, but yeah.
        Thanks, fixed it.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I saw a few days ago that 2023 FQF will be April 13-16, so the week of separation between it and JF has been restored. The '22 schedule worked for me, but some locals I spoke to very much wanted that extra week in between.

Comment

So I attempted to make an early reservation for next year at the hotel I've stayed in several times, and their rate is increased over what I paid this year by almost 50%!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyTree View Post
              I saw a few days ago that 2023 FQF will be April 13-16, so the week of separation between it and JF has been restored. The '22 schedule worked for me, but some locals I spoke to very much wanted that extra week in between.
              Yessss.....

Comment

With Easter on April 9 next year, restoring the one week separation in between FQF and Jazzfest puts less demand on NOPD and the LA state police, which is a good thing considering how undermanned the NOPD is these days.

While the announced date range precludes an opening Thursday next year, it does not preclude the possibility of an eight day Jazzfest. I think that there could be another attempt at a "special admission" day if the stars align and the pandemic continues to be less of an obstacle in our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
                  So I attempted to make an early reservation for next year at the hotel I've stayed in several times, and their rate is increased over what I paid this year by almost 50%!
                  Those are just place holder rates, ie the holiday inn being over $900 a night. if you look at the hilton properties every single one is listed as sold out, meaning they haven't released any inventory for those dates yet

Comment

Originally posted by halley8 View Post

Those are just place holder rates, ie the holiday inn being over $900 a night. if you look at the hilton properties every single one is listed as sold out, meaning they haven't released any inventory for those dates yet
                    Yup. Rates start out very high, then get normal for a good while before rising as things get close.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by windowman View Post
                      While the announced date range precludes an opening Thursday next year, it does not preclude the possibility of an eight day Jazzfest. I think that there could be another attempt at a "special admission" day if the stars align and the pandemic continues to be less of an obstacle in our lives.
                      BOOOO!!! No 'special admission " days. terrible idea, terrible execution. Hope that plan ended with the demise of the Stones gig. Did I say BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

We've reserved our usual apartment already for next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X