X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duende
    replied
    Originally posted by Virginia Fest Fan View Post
    I'd love to see more craft beer, but I'm sure Molson-Coors has a lot to $ay about that.

My one thing -- no chairs on concrete (i.e., outside tents).

I would say something about Festival Stage people using the Jazz Tent to take a break from the sun and showing no interest in the artists in there, but that's just griping so I won't!

All in all, had a spectacular 7 days!
    I had to crack up a bit when I, along with the masses, decided to swing by Nora Jones' Jazz Tent closer on Sunday. Holy toledo! People gladly parking their chairs all the way back to, and adjacent, the disability porto's at the back fence between the track and the concrete. I was waiting for my wife to meet me near the Mystery exit gate and it took a minute for Shorty to start - so we got 2.5 songs before the "Festival" stage completely overpowered the sound bleed area outside of the tent. Those poor folks parking 30 minutes earlier and thinking they'd be able to hear Norah's set from beyond 15 feet away from the tent walls. Anyone remember how thin/crazy the Fais Do Do audience was for the Black Lillies in '16?

Leave a comment:

• Virginia Fest Fan
    replied
    I'd love to see more craft beer, but I'm sure Molson-Coors has a lot to $ay about that.

My one thing -- no chairs on concrete (i.e., outside tents).

I would say something about Festival Stage people using the Jazz Tent to take a break from the sun and showing no interest in the artists in there, but that's just griping so I won't!

All in all, had a spectacular 7 days!
    Last edited by Virginia Fest Fan; 05-14-2022, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kingofclubs
    replied

• No tarps - chairs are enough, why can't your feet touch the grass
    [/QUOTE]

Man I agree with this! Or limit to blanket or towel size. These huge-ass tarps side by side and then 'attitude' if you step on them is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by swag View Post
    Did anyone spot the "F*ck Ethan" krewe?
    I saw one

Leave a comment:

• 20/20
    replied
    Originally posted by swag View Post
    They changed the spelling. Instead of "Ethan" it's now "Biden".

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    I saw evidence of them this year, but only 2 people with them on

Leave a comment:

• dee79
    replied
    Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

Is that nametag krewe still around? They'd give you a "Hello my name is" sticker if you promised to wear it all day. You'd pick one from a face-down deck and your name for the day was typically very rude/lewd.
    Haven't seen them in a few years, but loved when I did! Jonno was the guy I think? I was gifted a t shirt one year after a very hilarious and fun encounter with them.

Leave a comment:

• kh1958
    replied
    Originally posted by My Shaggy Dog View Post
    - Charge $20 per chair brought in for the land grab (particularly over the top I thought at Condo).
    -
    - Turn the volume down a touch at Gospel.
    - Turn the volume up a touch at Jazz
    The volume in the jazz tent is just fine.
    The volume in the gospel tent needs to be turned down more than just a touch. It's as if Metallica's sound crew is in charge.

Have seats in the tents sized for 2020s Americans, not 1930s Americans.

Never let that woman reserving and zealously guarding a row of the best seats in the jazz tent for non-existent deaf attendees near the place again.

Leave a comment:

• fichadelphia
    replied
    Each of the bathroom trailers would have running water with sinks- not just the one by the jazz tent.

also, there was a hand wash trailer near one of the food areas, but it didn’t have soap? It did have cold water. Confusing.

the water fill stations were an improvement but we need more of them and the water needs to be colder.

im with Jordan- sell a (branded!) water bottle or beer cup and knock a dollar off a draft beer refill made in the cup.

the recycling initiatives are the right direction but there’s still a lot of work to be done. FQF provided vendors with a stipend for compostable supplies. I realize fest is a different scale, but progress needs to be made on the waste and trash. My friends had fun participating in the recycling collection program- maybe expand it to include something like- collect 25 cans, get a beer.

I mentioned it elsewhere but I liked the addition of the hard seltzers (topo Chico and vizzy) - many folks prefer these options. And peroni is my family’s beer if choice so I’m always happy when I can order a cold one.

also, if I were king the book shop would return, there’d be at least one t shirt attractive enough to buy, and the coolest hats would be in stock through second weekend.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    [QUOTE=Jordan;n870262]
    Originally posted by My Shaggy Dog View Post
    - Charge $20 per chair brought in for the land grab (particularly over the top I thought at Condo).
    - Double the # of port-o's at the Jazz tent to six.
    - Double the trash pick at the Festival Stage throughout the day.
    - Jimmy Buffet closes a stage earlier in the week. Parrot heads = trash everywhere which is disrespectful to Shorty fans.
    - Turn the volume down a touch at Gospel.
    - Turn the volume up a touch at Jazz
    - A second sunscreen station.
    - Meatball po boys.
    - Eggrolls
    - Smoothies

Agree with almost all of these plus:
    • Put a row of port-o-lets behind Fais Do Do (they are behind every other stage)
    • A real dance floor at Fais Do Do
    • Better access to front of the Fais Do Do stage - there is always room up front, but it usually a pain to get there
    • Higher tent poles in Lagniappe
    • Extend Lagniappe to full-day (why 11:30 - 6:30)
    • Right side of blues is standing, the left side is seated
    • No VIP (but since that is unrealistic, smaller VIP) or let folks into VIP for first 3 sets
    • More than 2 Abita Amber stations
    • More water refill stations and sell reusable steel cups for draft beer and thermoses for water
    • No seat saving (since that is unrealistic, can only save 1 seat for 3 songs)
    • Get rid of the blacksmith - isn't it hot enough
    • Make the cultural pavilion and AARP tent bigger or use them better for performances
    • only allow biodegradable utensils, cups and plates
    • Everyone gets a nametag
    • No tarps - chairs are enough, why can't your feet touch the grass
    • Never schedule Revivalists, Hurray for Riff Raff, Rebirth, John Boutte, Kenny Neal, Monk Boudreaux, Dottie Peoples & Andrew Duhon at the same time again!
    I do agree with "Never schedule Revivalists". Haha.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    The only real issues I have is people sitting or laying down, especially in chairs in the standing area at The Festival Stage between bands. Same in the tents, you should not be able to save multiple seats for your friends who are out checking out other music.

I noticed a lot of sets started very late and as usual on the Festival Stage, a lot of sound issues and I am always up front near the speakers. I understand when it's windy it's almost impossible for it to sound good everywhere.

And yes, have better beer sold all around the fest. I'd go without before drinking crap like Miller Lite.

There are more than enough rest rooms all over the place so I don't see that as an issue. I must have sweated so much I only used a rest room once over 4 days and that's with drinking beer, water and margs throughout. Maybe TMI?

The rest sounds like y'all are just looking for things to complain about!
    Last edited by jjazznj; 05-12-2022, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• revjimk
    replied
    • Put a row of port-o-lets behind Fais Do Do (they are behind every other stage)
    • A real dance floor at Fais Do Do
    • Good ideas!!!

Leave a comment:

• RKar23
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Agree with almost all of these plus:
    • More than 2 Abita Amber stations
    Yes. Just yes. Ban those other so-called piss beverages calling themselves beer and *only* have Abita Amber as the official JazzFest brew. (Well, Peroni is also OK...)

Thank you. I feel better now...

Leave a comment:

• Headless Hornman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    [*]Everyone gets a nametag
    Is that nametag krewe still around? They'd give you a "Hello my name is" sticker if you promised to wear it all day. You'd pick one from a face-down deck and your name for the day was typically very rude/lewd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X