How to get people to go see Woodenhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
    This thread has me somewhat baffled, in that Woodenhead has been together for what now? 48 years? And now is the time to get people to go see them?
    Anyhoo. They are playing Broadside on June 8 with the NO Guitar Masters opening.
    A good day/night for intricate guitar work.
    I saw the Jazzfest movie last night at the Broad, and after I crossed the street for the Broadside show. I got there halfway through the Guitar Masters set, and there were about 50 in the audience. But despite an extremely short set break (Jimmy said 3 minutes), I was shocked that when Woodenhead started, about half the crowd had left.

I thought Broadside was a great spot to hear them - at least it was last night. But I don't know how viable it is with that small a crowd (and just $12 cover), and if they ever did draw a few hundred there, it wouldn't be as good an experience.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

I saw the Jazzfest movie last night at the Broad, and after I crossed the street for the Broadside show. I got there halfway through the Guitar Masters set, and there were about 50 in the audience. But despite an extremely short set break (Jimmy said 3 minutes), I was shocked that when Woodenhead started, about half the crowd had left.

I thought Broadside was a great spot to hear them - at least it was last night. But I don't know how viable it is with that small a crowd (and just $12 cover), and if they ever did draw a few hundred there, it wouldn't be as good an experience.
      Could you give us your thoughts on the Jazz Fest movie in the appropriate thread?

Comment

Working...
      X