X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile on Main Street

Happy 50th Birthday

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/how-th...to-make-exile/

If you love The Stones checkout this new live album out today, The Rolling Stones - Live at the El Mocambo. I've been listening to this non-stop for the last few days. It's one of the best live recordings with Keith & Ronnie you'll ever hear. Not sure why they hung onto this for all of the years. Four of the songs were on "Love You Live", here is the entire show plus a few songs from the show the night before at The El Macondo, a club in Toronto that holds 300 people.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...cambo-1349303/

https://rollingstones.com/el-mocambo/

1. Honky Tonk Women
    2. All Down The Line
    3. Hand Of Fate
    4. Route 66
    5. Fool To Cry
    6. Crazy Mama
    7. Mannish Boy
    8. Crackin’ Up
    9. Dance Little Sister
    10. Around And Around
    11. Tumbling Dice
    12. Hot Stuff
    13. Star Star
    14. Let’s Spend The Night Together
    15. Worried Life Blues
    16. Little Red Rooster
    17. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
    18. Rip This Joint
    19. Brown Sugar
    20. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
    21. Melody
    22. Luxury
    23. Worried About You

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
      If you love The Stones checkout this new live album out today, The Rolling Stones - Live at the El Mocambo. I've been listening to this non-stop for the last few days. It's one of the best live recordings with Keith & Ronnie you'll ever hear. Not sure why they hung onto this for all of the years.
      I agree...it's crazy that it's taken this long to release this show. A lot of good stuff.

Comment

Give it up for the the very prescient Ventilator Blues!

It was a trip watching Jake Weber in the Stones in Exile docu-pic talking about how his father used his sons to mule the "party favors" for Mick and Bianca's wedding - a party that lasted so long that the boys became expert joint rollers for the recording sessions during their extended stay at Nellcôte. Always good to learn a trade.

Comment

Exile is crazy, steamy, filthy, funky music from some wild unknown swamp in the hottest part of some undiscovered Gulf. This album and Let it Bleed are Keith at his best and rock and roll gets no better than Keith at his best. Happy birthday indeed! Looking forward to the full El Mocambo set. I love the Taylor (and Jones)years, but when Ronnie first came into the band, the Stones got a much needed energy boost and became fun again.

Comment

I listened to El Macombo twice today. The first Stones club show since the early days. Great set list! Recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              If you love The Stones checkout this new live album out today, The Rolling Stones - Live at the El Mocambo. I've been listening to this non-stop for the last few days. It's one of the best live recordings with Keith & Ronnie you'll ever hear. Not sure why they hung onto this for all of the years. Four of the songs were on "Love You Live", here is the entire show plus a few songs from the show the night before at The El Macondo, a club in Toronto that holds 300 people.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...cambo-1349303/

https://rollingstones.com/el-mocambo/

1. Honky Tonk Women
              2. All Down The Line
              3. Hand Of Fate
              4. Route 66
              5. Fool To Cry
              6. Crazy Mama
              7. Mannish Boy
              8. Crackin’ Up
              9. Dance Little Sister
              10. Around And Around
              11. Tumbling Dice
              12. Hot Stuff
              13. Star Star
              14. Let’s Spend The Night Together
              15. Worried Life Blues
              16. Little Red Rooster
              17. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
              18. Rip This Joint
              19. Brown Sugar
              20. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
              21. Melody
              22. Luxury
              23. Worried About You

Thanks for this. Sounds good!

Comment

Yes, the El Mocumbo was long rumored before its eventual release. Much to be read over at iorr.org where I also occasionally post.

For me, highlights through the first listen…Little Red Rooster, Melody, and Worried About You.

Comment

Originally posted by frijoless View Post
                  Yes, the El Mocumbo was long rumored before its eventual release. Much to be read over at iorr.org where I also occasionally post.

For me, highlights through the first listen…Little Red Rooster, Melody, and Worried About You.
                  Thanks for the post. We Love Rock and Roll!
                  and music lovers.

Comment

I love it all, but “Fool to Cry” is the top highlight f0r me so far.

Comment

Just listened to it on a trip to Costco for a chicken. Ian Stewart makes a nice contribution.

Comment

Another insight…

As my fiancée and I continue to very slowly milk our way through “Get Back”, I try to educate and point out what musical education I think I have.

Last night, while watching Part 2, I extolled the contributions of Billy Preston. He being a musical prodigy.

Mick calls out Billy during this show for being on keys and being awesome.

Comment

Another insight…

As my fiancée and I continue to very slowly milk our way through “Get Back”, I try to educate and point out what musical education I think I have.

Last night, while watching Part 2, I extolled the contributions of Billy Preston. He being a musical prodigy.

Mick calls out Billy during this show for being on keys and being awesome.
                          Ahhhh, maybe that is Billy Preston I am hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

Ahhhh, maybe that is Billy Preston I am hearing.
                            Ian was on the tour the year before that made up 3 sides of "Love You Live" but not at these 2 shows. I love Preston's playing, especially the piano on "Hot Stuff".

Comment

Ah-h-h......the pro’s are kicking in

Comment

Working...
                              X