No announcement yet.

Exile on Main Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will re-iterate something I said earlier, how remarkable the Stones taste in covers really was early on, particularly given that it must have taken some effort to track down the Southern soul music they often covered from artists that weren't necessarily on the Hit Parade. I first heard the term "second line" in "Down Home Girl" from "Rolling Stones Now!" with no idea at the time what that was about. They became good writers fairly quickly once they set their mind to it.

Comment

I gotta say that when I saw them at a racetrack in Austin last November they were still very good considering. Ronnie seemed way more out front than Keith but Mick hasn't lost a beat. There were a few times I had to check if Keith was even still up there and a few times they did not sound like The Stones due to a different rhythm section than that was on the old albums but overall it was totally worth seeing. We were not even that close to the stage but the projection screens were amazing and a decent sound system which had tons of small speakers spread out made it a great time. I'm still bummed they never got to play The Fest.

Comment

Working...
      X