• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20/20
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
    Never had acid flashbacks but have had acid reflux
    Not bad at all. I like that....smartass!

Leave a comment:

• jonnygospeltent
    replied
    Never had acid flashbacks but have had acid reflux

Leave a comment:

• fesstgeek
    replied
    Re flashbacks, had a freaky five minutes while waiting for a summer job interview long, long ago. It involved some nasty fluorescent lighting and oddly colored paint on the walls. Didn't happen again, or maybe I just don't notice....

Leave a comment:

• Lit
    replied

‘I Want to Reset My Brain’: Female Veterans Turn to Psychedelic Therapy

Traumatized by war and sexual assaults, some U.S. veterans and veterans’ spouses are seeking help in a Mexican clinic that treats depression and addiction with potent hallucinogens like toad poison.

Leave a comment:

• chopitulas
    replied
    Originally posted by duende View Post

I believe Rob made a bundle in early computer consulting, but he’s probably best known as the most ethical landlord in Palo Alto - renting a series of houses split into affordable apartments for Stanford students, all named for Dead tunes.
    That's the "business man / realtor" connection I had heard about. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• duende
    replied
    Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
    I remember him at the Greek, in particular, going up and down the cement aisles. Musta seen him at the Coliseum Arena, as well. I think he was a Palo Alto businessman of some stature, as I recall, maybe a realtor.
    I believe Rob made a bundle in early computer consulting, but he’s probably best known as the most ethical landlord in Palo Alto - renting a series of houses split into affordable apartments for Stanford students, all named for Dead tunes.

Leave a comment:

• braygun
    replied
    Got to shake Rob Levitsky's hand at a Shoreline show about 5 years ago after watching him since the 80's float through concert crowds. That guy always mesmerized me.

Leave a comment:

• chopitulas
    replied
    I remember him at the Greek, in particular, going up and down the cement aisles. Musta seen him at the Coliseum Arena, as well. I think he was a Palo Alto businessman of some stature, as I recall, maybe a realtor.

Leave a comment:

• Amysinsh
    replied
    [QUOTE=freebo;n870536]No flashbacks. But that Rob Levitsky dude gave us some chuckles once upon a time. (Then and since, I reckon...)

So many great times seeing him in his light up suit but the most memorable was a very hot day at High Sierra Music Festival seeing him dunk in a water truck tank in his tighty whities

Leave a comment:

• Kemp
    replied
    Somewhere Bennyboy is smiling.

Leave a comment:

• barrymojo
    replied
    I don't know anything about flashbacks, but those octagonal black and white bathroom tiles are a little unsettling at times.

Leave a comment:

• duende
    replied
    Originally posted by Lit View Post

This explains a lot.
    Ha. I mostly missed the alkaloid follies of the next generation. And the attendant personality adjustments.

Leave a comment:

• freebo
    replied
    No flashbacks. But that Rob Levitsky dude gave us some chuckles once upon a time. (Then and since, I reckon...)

We were probably at Mountain View, maybe Alpine Valley, when we saw him from a distance. One member of our group was trying to point him out, describing him as 'The Light-Up Guy'... Well, over the music, it sounded more like 'The Light of God'...

And THAT has been a thing with us ever since... Ah: Good Times!

Leave a comment:

• Lit
    replied
    Originally posted by duende View Post
    also, see Roky Erickson.

I had a college-years roommate who kept a vial of Sunshine in our apartment fridge. We experimented with plant/fungus-based psychedelics (I still have those Carlos Castaneda books) but I never felt that we did any of the agents to excess, understanding that - to some - any use could be considered excessive. I think the most extreme episode for me was being handed a vial at a Cal Expo Dead show. The lid of the vial had a glass rod attached and, not wanting to contaminate the vial, I let a drop fall off the rod into my mouth. The owner immediately asked me if I had "done a free drop". Oh, crap. I remember things getting a bit more exciting than usual after everyone in the audience suddenly sported a neon-colored ballcap. I had to get, and keep, moving that night. Luckily for me, Rob Levitsky, the Palo Alto human LED dancing-bear, was doing his audience dancing and I followed him through the crowd until I finally levelled-off.

1200x0.jpg

As for flashbacks, I'll admit that there was a period into my early 30's when floor-to-ceiling draperies would occasionally shimmy with no provocation, but I never experienced it as unpleasant or unexpected. I think the original curtain-wavering-on-its-own first occurred during a psilocybin event. The micro-dosing of psychedelics, particularly mushrooms, as a mental health therapeutic is curious to me at this age. I'm much more aware of being in the present - and I'm kind of selfish about wanting to remember how events actually play out these days, rather than a hazy escape from reality. Having said that, I still vicariously enjoy watching episodes of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia on Vice.
    This explains a lot.

Leave a comment:

• duende
    replied
    also, see Roky Erickson.

I had a college-years roommate who kept a vial of Sunshine in our apartment fridge. We experimented with plant/fungus-based psychedelics (I still have those Carlos Castaneda books) but I never felt that we did any of the agents to excess, understanding that - to some - any use could be considered excessive. I think the most extreme episode for me was being handed a vial at a Cal Expo Dead show. The lid of the vial had a glass rod attached and, not wanting to contaminate the vial, I let a drop fall off the rod into my mouth. The owner immediately asked me if I had "done a free drop". Oh, crap. I remember things getting a bit more exciting than usual after everyone in the audience suddenly sported a neon-colored ballcap. I had to get, and keep, moving that night. Luckily for me, Rob Levitsky, the Palo Alto human LED dancing-bear, was doing his audience dancing and I followed him through the crowd until I finally levelled-off.

1200x0.jpg

As for flashbacks, I'll admit that there was a period into my early 30's when floor-to-ceiling draperies would occasionally shimmy with no provocation, but I never experienced it as unpleasant or unexpected. I think the original curtain-wavering-on-its-own first occurred during a psilocybin event. The micro-dosing of psychedelics, particularly mushrooms, as a mental health therapeutic is curious to me at this age. I'm much more aware of being in the present - and I'm kind of selfish about wanting to remember how events actually play out these days, rather than a hazy escape from reality. Having said that, I still vicariously enjoy watching episodes of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia on Vice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X