Michael Arnone's Crawfish Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Arnone's Crawfish Festival

Just checking to see if anyone is heading up to Sussex County New Jersey for the 31st (mostly annual, Thanks Covid) on June 3-5th.
    http://www.crawfishfest.com/
    Michael Arnone's 31st Annual Crawfish Fest in Augusta, NJ on August 27-29, 2021. Featuring Louisiana and New Orleans bands on 4 stages. On Site Camping. Featuring Boiled Crawfish, Crawfish Bread ,Crawfish Pie, Jambalaya and more on the menu.

I remember going to the first one at Suntan Lake. My friends band The Voodudes and some Cajun band that I cannot remember played. There was a small amount of people there. Never had any idea it would grow like it has over the years.

Comment

We are going for sure with our 2020 tix in hand.Great line-up. Only went the one time in 2019 and wished I would have been able to attend more often. Big Fun for sure. Not camping so sorry to miss the late night Cleary set but everything else looks great. Met Ohio eating some bugs and saw Swag hear and there.Looking forward to it.

Comment

Looking forward to it! Especially the evening Cleary set.

Comment

We'll be there--there should be lots of Threadheads in attendance.
          I realized the one good thing about most of us getting Covid at Jazzfest: we can have real hugs at Crawfishfest wthout worry.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post
            We'll be there--there should be lots of Threadheads in attendance.
            I realized the one good thing about most of us getting Covid at Jazzfest: we can have real hugs at Crawfishfest wthout worry.
            We're going to come up as well for CFF and to visit some family... We LOVE everyone but are not really doing HUGS without masks cause this new variant going around isn't anything to be messed with (SO MANY of our friends got it during fest), and we're hoping to see my 92 year old mom a few days after CFF.
            We look forward to seeing everyone and especially those of you we missed who weren't at Fest.

Safe travels to all

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post

We're going to come up as well for CFF and to visit some family... We LOVE everyone but are not really doing HUGS without masks cause this new variant going around isn't anything to be messed with (SO MANY of our friends got it during fest), and we're hoping to see my 92 year old mom a few days after CFF.
              We look forward to seeing everyone and especially those of you we missed who weren't at Fest.

Safe travels to all
              That totally makes sense. I figured the folks who got Covid at Fest could hug each other. Ok, who's making the buttons that say "I already had Covid--hug me"?

Comment

Looking for to Saturday at the Festival, maybe Sunday!

Comment

Can't wait for Michael's CFF! We have a spreadsheet with folks that want to add to the Threadhead Community gathering area. It's a new year, so everyone is winging it...I know we are! Let me know if you want to add to spreadsheet.

Comment

Here is the link to the spreadsheet. It seems most people cannot get into it to add things, so just let Linza or myself know if you want something added. It seems to work best if you are on a desktop/laptop and logged into a Google account.
                    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=514890293

Comment

Re: hugging at the patry I made myself a name tag that said “hugs welcome” - just a suggestion!

Comment

Well, how was it?

Music highlights?

Comment

We had a truly great time. The weather was perfection- gorgeous blue skies with warm sunshine during the day and cold overnights that were perfect for fireside hang outs and getting good sleep. Kris and I were struck by the kindness and generosity of the TH family reunion krewe. It was a really relaxing and good weekend.

The music highlights won't be coming from me because most of what we heard was great but we also opted to spend more time chilling back at the campsite hanging with people and listening to the main stage.

Comment

[QUOTE=fichadelphia;n870791]We had a truly great time. The weather was perfection- gorgeous blue skies with warm sunshine during the day and cold overnights that were perfect for fireside hang outs and getting good sleep. Kris and I were struck by the kindness and generosity of the TH family reunion krewe. It was a really relaxing and good weekend.

Glad to hear this

Comment

Festival was FANTASTIC!! Seriously absolutely perfect weather. The sets were fabulous. You get 1.5 hr sets for the most part. Dirty Dozen still puts out a great set. Tab, Samantha Fish, Jon Boogie Long, and Ally Venable laid down 1st class blues shows. Honey Island I haven't seen in a while 2018 or '19. They played twice and really sounded great. I've been saying how much i miss Mule in the band. It's a little different but current lead player is killer on the slide and giving Chris Spies on keys more air time is only a good thing. Great band. Bonerama ,Erica Falls, Flow Tribe and Amanda Shaw were all fabulous. Big Sam was there but I'm sorry, his schtick is 'tired'. Anyway, it's a'small' fest . Boiled Crawfish, Etoufee,Jambalaya, and Grilled Oysters were all spot on. Saw Swag and a couple of TH's I know by sight. Really fun weekend. We don't camp so missed out on the hangs. Hope Arnone can keep making this thing hppen. It's a treasure. Only our second time but I'll be back.

Comment

Working...
                              X