X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Voodoo Fest cancelled

No reason given...
    https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...80a8dfa09.html

"Friday afternoon's announcement used the same phrase as the 2021 announcement: Voodoo, they both read, "will take a pause."
    But unlike last year's cancellation announcement, this year's made no promises about Voodoo returning the following year, casting the future of the festival in doubt."

Given that we got this far with no announcement, no lineup, no ticket sales, plus the prior year rollover tickets having been refunded, I'd assumed it was dead. So this announcement, that leaves a sliver of hope for future years, is not unexpected and may even be good news.

But as they say, "disappointed but not surprised".
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

C3 have much bigger fish to fry. I liked it when it was held in Marconi and was a mix of Alt Rock and a few local acts. Those days are long gone and I guess the fest itself is too.

Comment

This is a bummer.

I have not been for several years, since it changed location and focus.

But it creates a lot of work for a lot of people and will be sorely missed in the regard

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
          This is a bummer.

I have not been for several years, since it changed location and focus.

But it creates a lot of work for a lot of people and will be sorely missed in the regard
          Only attended Voodoo once many years ago, the year the Pogues played. I enjoyed it. Different vibe from Jazz Fest, but one of its own. I thought City Park was a great location for a festival. I remember being taken aback by the one day admission price and the cost of a beer, both of which are about what Jazz Fest is now. Hope it, or something similar, does come back in the same location.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Only attended Voodoo once many years ago, the year the Pogues played. I enjoyed it. Different vibe from Jazz Fest, but one of its own. I thought City Park was a great location for a festival. I remember being taken aback by the one day admission price and the cost of a beer, both of which are about what Jazz Fest is now. Hope it, or something similar, does come back in the same location.
            The one year I went was when Gordon Gano performed with the Lost Bayou Ramblers!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

I went at least 2 times. possibly 3

One year I dont think I even went over to the main stage as they had acts like Dr John, Little Band O Gold etc playing on the 2 smaller stages which were close together.

At other times I sort of remember seeing Neil Young, Metallica, Outback Jack White and I think Gary Clarke Junior who was very loud from memory.

Agree on the pricing especially for the advance tickets and I liked the setup back then
              Last edited by Gards; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
              X