Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swag View Post
    Meanwhile in City Park:

nola.com/news/crime_police/article_049a9ea8-3861-11ed-b815-1738daf94c36.html
    When will this mannequin mistreatment end? Stop The Madness!

Comment

Speaking of New Orleans crime, was reading a Fodor's from 1999. $12 to get into Jazz Fest. 23 years later it's $90 to squeeze in between VIP sections with general admission. How much over the rate of inflation is that ??? Swag ???

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Speaking of New Orleans crime, was reading a Fodor's from 1999. $12 to get into Jazz Fest. 23 years later it's $90 to squeeze in between VIP sections with general admission. How much over the rate of inflation is that ??? Swag ???
        Fodor's was either out of date or referring to advanced tickets. I believe gate price in '99 was $18.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

$18 in '99 would be $32 today, given actual historic inflation.
        $12 would be $21.33.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Fodor's was either out of date or referring to advanced tickets. I believe gate price in '99 was $18.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

$18 in '99 would be $32 today, given actual historic inflation.
          $12 would be $21.33.
          When I first started going to the Fest in 89 I would just buy a bunch of tix and give them out to anyone in our crew who didn't have them as they cost very little. Maybe buy me a beer or whatever. Most of the food booths sold their items for $3 for small and $5 for large. Those days are long gone.

Comment

Yeah, advance tickets. Thanks, Swag !! almost three times the rate of inflation. Plus they have all that sponsorship and VIP money now. 'Crime in New Orleans' indeed....imo.

Comment

Yeah, advance tickets. Thanks, Swag !! almost three times the rate of inflation. Plus they have all that sponsorship and VIP money now. 'Crime in New Orleans' indeed....imo.
              But now they have great acts like Pitbull, Lorde and Katy Perry as headliners.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

When I first started going to the Fest in 89 I would just buy a bunch of tix and give them out to anyone in our crew who didn't have them as they cost very little. Maybe buy me a beer or whatever. Most of the food booths sold their items for $3 for small and $5 for large. Those days are long gone.
                Funny to think about the lengths people I knew (and still know) went through to sneak in back then, often risking limbs if not lives. Now I doubt any youth of comparable age today think it is worth their effort.

Comment

Speaking of Crime.

The dangerous criminality of the fucking turds running red lights all across town is frightening and seems to have got worse in only 4 months.

Bring back the Red light cameras and fine the shit out of these fuckwits.

We witnessed several very dangerous incidents today and a couple of years back my partners car got destroyed by someone running a red light, and she was lucky not to be very badly hurt, and is still battling the effects of that stack.

The only way to solve the problem is to hit these turds in the hip pocket, before they hit an innocent person.

Comment

Red light cameras are still going, as far as I know. Got me outside Costco a few months back. Hope to catch up with you and Lisa soon. I just get tired of seeing the same old bands at the same old places, which seems to be a Threadhead ritual.

Comment

Red light cameras are still going, as far as I know. Got me outside Costco a few months back. Hope to catch up with you and Lisa soon. I just get tired of seeing the same old bands at the same old places, which seems to be a Threadhead ritual.
                      This is so embarrassing. We think alike.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Embarrassing for who ??.

Last edited by Marignygregg; 09-23-2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I've started https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...-music-in-nola to discuss suggestions for bands who aren't the same-old.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

I have often heard the saying " great minds think alike."

But I do not think that it is applicable in this instance.

Comment

Well they need a shit load more of them, judging from my recent experience the City would have a lot more money to very slowly try and fix the roads.

We have just got back from camping at Bogalusa with Ruthie Foster and the Looka Here Jazz Band being the highlights.

A swim and some R&R beckon before heading off to Tips for the Fais Dos Dos, as the Saints are not inspiring me.

I have no doubt that we will cross paths.

I like good music at decent venues that do not try to stitch you up with their beer prices.

Comment

I know that it would be of no particular solace to the dedicated Saints fans but here and now during the Saints hopefully temporary downturn, perhaps a way of easing their pains might be to have a slight shift of focus. Sure the Saints are struggling a bit but New Orleans is now the murder capitol of the United States and by some studies the world. That deserves some recognition. What about the citizens rallying around that achievement? Banners and chants "We're Number One" "We're Number One"around the town. Crowds screaming "Who Dat Who Dat gonna kill a Saints fan?" or something similar. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X