Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Festivals 2023

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Other Festivals 2023

    The Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee is March 30-April 2, 2023. My hotel and plane ticket are booked. Waiting with eager anticipation.

  • #2
    Old Settlers Festival April 20-23.

    Telluride Bluegrass June 15-18.

    Comment


    • #3
      Byron Bay BluesFest a celebration of Blues and Roots Music

      Easter next year.

      Thursday April 6 till Monday April 10 2023.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
        The Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee is March 30-April 2, 2023. My hotel and plane ticket are booked. Waiting with eager anticipation.
        I had a great time last year; and thanks for the reminder to book a room now!

        Comment


        • #5
          Good idea, as the hotels seem to be significantly more expensive this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Pretty good lineup for MoonCrush. And it's close by me (Navarre).

            Get your Moon Crush Pink Moon '23 Tickets at Seascape Resort in Miramar Beach by Moon Crush Vacations from Tixr.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
              The Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee is March 30-April 2, 2023. My hotel and plane ticket are booked. Waiting with eager anticipation.
              I really want to go next year. The only way I could make it would be to start planning early. Maybe I'm jaded because I live in NOLA but that fest has way more artists that I really want to see each year compared to Jazz Fest although I can't just ride my bike there in 10 minutes like JF.

              Getting to Knoxville from NOLA is a pain in the ass and expensive. The cheapest flight I see right now is $460 which is absurd considering how far it is from here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                I really want to go next year. The only way I could make it would be to start planning early. Maybe I'm jaded because I live in NOLA but that fest has way more artists that I really want to see each year compared to Jazz Fest although I can't just ride my bike there in 10 minutes like JF.

                Getting to Knoxville from NOLA is a pain in the ass and expensive. The cheapest flight I see right now is $460 which is absurd considering how far it is from here.
                It is a small city with mostly only regional appeal as a destination so not very many flights; looks like I will driving again this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by belyin View Post

                  It is a small city with mostly only regional appeal as a destination so not very many flights; looks like I will driving again this year.
                  Yeah now I remember discussing this last year. Who knows, maybe I'll fly to Nashville and drive a rental over.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hogs For The Cause March 31 - April 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've been spending an inordinate amount of time poring over next year's fests throughout the country on this site: https://www.musicfestivalwizard.com. You can customize the view for almost all variables - except for region and logical geographical/road-trip tie-ins. I thought for a minute about doing a Coachella>Old Settlers>Jazzfest road-trip from California, but it'd probably take more out of me than the festivals would give back, especially that choice drive home. The smarter play would be flying to Austin and renting an RV for Old Settlers and then resuming the New Orleans leg per usual tourist-y means. A guy can day-dream, tho.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by duende View Post
                        The smarter play would be flying to Austin and renting an RV for Old Settlers and then resuming the New Orleans leg per usual tourist-y means. A guy can day-dream, tho.
                        Just in case you missed this. They will deliver and setup RV at the festival.

                        If you’d like to rent an RV to use during your stay at the festival, please contact Amy with New Braunfel’s Outdoor Adventures (210-834-9787) and mention you’re attending Old Settler’s Music Festival for special rates.

                        Home | NB Outdoor Adventures Travel Trailer RV Rentals

                        New in 2023.
                        • No separate arena/fence, so you can BYOB wherever you wander
                        2023 tickets now on sale.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Old Settlers:

                          They also have electrical hookups for campsites. No water/sewer hookups but for a fee a truck will service your tanks at your location.

                          After JF, Old Settlers and Telluride Bluegrass have become my number two go to festivals. Old Settlers is only 45 minutes from the airport.
                          Great vibe, music and laid back crowds.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                            Old Settlers:

                            They also have electrical hookups for campsites. No water/sewer hookups but for a fee a truck will service your tanks at your location.

                            After JF, Old Settlers and Telluride Bluegrass have become my number two go to festivals. Old Settlers is only 45 minutes from the airport.
                            Great vibe, music and laid back crowds.
                            Fred - do you know if there were RV non-VIP passes available earlier, or is the RV hook-up always a part of the VIP tix? Still weighing this as a travel-light add-on. The car from Austin to New Braunfels plan still needs work - I guess we could hop on a bus! Can I actually visit without getting my must-see nights in (Mondays at Sams Town Point, Tuesday with Grissom at Saxon, Wednesday with the Hotclub of Cowtown)? There's always the week after Old Settlers!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Let me know if this answers your question. RV parking is $150 plus you can add electrical hookup.

                              What options would you like? All Inclusive Platinum: General Admission: Early/Late Access Add-Ons: Camping Comfort Add-Ons: Electrical Permit - 20 Amp - $50.00 Electrical Permit - 30 Amp - $60.00 Electrical Permit - 50 Amp - $70.00 Camping Vehicle Permit - $150.00 0 1 2 3 4 5 Details
                              1 permit per Camping Vehicle
                              Requires: Purchase of a 3 or 4-Day General Admission Pass or Platinum Experience.

                              This permit is required if you plan on camping in anything other than a tent or you would like your car in the campground.
                              Examples of vehicles that need a CV Permit to remain in campground during festival:
                              • RV
                              • Trailer
                              • Pop-up on wheels
                              • Van
                              • Boat on a trailer
                              • Car or truck (not in parking lot)


                              Click here for more information on CVP.


                              Electrical Permits sold separately.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X