No announcement yet.

Chickie Wah Wah sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got ya. I love Gruene Hall equally. The Spoke just kind of favors dancing more or makes you want to dance more. Whatever.
    Never not had fun at either one.
    Always enjoyed Junior Brown also. He and his wife are just genuine people.

Comment

The latest on CWW is that they will be re-opening at the end of November. Lots of issues keep popping up with electricity, a/c etc but they have finished putting the new roof on. They tore out the kitchen and the mix board which will make the club a bit bigger and the board will now be on rollers with a hand held mixer. That's all I got for now. I've been meaning to stop by to see my friend and to check the place out and get more details, maybe one day this week.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
        The latest on CWW is that they will be re-opening at the end of November. Lots of issues keep popping up with electricity, a/c etc but they have finished putting the new roof on. They tore out the kitchen and the mix board which will make the club a bit bigger and the board will now be on rollers with a hand held mixer. That's all I got for now. I've been meaning to stop by to see my friend and to check the place out and get more details, maybe one day this week.
        Thank you for the update

Comment

I was just invited to a birthday party there on the 19th, so it must be close to opening.

Comment

Originally posted by belyin View Post
            I was just invited to a birthday party there on the 19th, so it must be close to opening.
            Yeah they are rushing to be ready for that buyout and should be open that week.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
              image.png
              This is an image of the Broken Spoke in Austin. It probably disappears without swags help because this website doesn't like pictures. The concept would be a wonderful addition to the New Orleans music scene. IF people could either learn or remember how to DANCE! Not shimmy....Not shake....Dance Notice the sign "Please don't STAND on the DANCE floor!

That withstanding, it's still a nice layout for a club.
              On a business trip 7-8 years ago. Myself and 5 women were only ones going out. The local said here . Danced my ass off and had an absolute blast. They had a couple of dance instructors helping out those who desired it. Killer Western Swing. Had to throw down a six of Lone Stars to keep it rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

On a business trip 7-8 years ago. Myself and 5 women were only ones going out. The local said here . Danced my ass off and had an absolute blast. They had a couple of dance instructors helping out those who desired it. Killer Western Swing. Had to throw down a six of Lone Stars to keep it rocking.
                The White Horse is more my kind of place. And the Bomb Tacos truck is, well, the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post

The White Horse is more my kind of place. And the Bomb Tacos truck is, well, the bomb.
                  Same here. I also love relative newcomer Sagebrush. Just saw Jim Lauderdale with spec guest Lillie Mae not that long a go. Great show and venue, nice back yard and cool staff. Even hung out and partied with one of my all-time Austin faves Toni Price.

Comment

Looking more like early December now. They are waiting to finalize their liquor license.

Comment

Sigh, thanks. So much bureaucracy​.

Comment

The Chickie website now has a partial December calendar including the December 7 grand re-opening.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser: gigs on the calendar start at 7-8pmish but the club will be open 7 days a week from 4pm-2a

Comment

Opening night looks great. See everyone at the second line!

Comment

Here it is!
                                316803940_10160777305020854_1116493296142338358_n.png

Boom! Chickie Wah Wah is back! Advance tickets for our December 7 opening night are now available at https://chickiewahwah.com/ and we’re bringing some of our favorite musicians from mid-city who’ve been there from the beginning to kick things off. Come early for the second line and bring a toy for Warren Easton’s Tunes for Toys drive.​

Comment

Working...
                                X