RIP ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP ER

Not many people realize it but Queen Elizabeth was an accomplished sousaphone player. It was something she picked up as child, and she used to march up and down the halls of Buckingham Palace playing "Rule Brittania" after particularly nasty blitz attacks to help keep everyone's spirits up. You can Google it.

Even less remembered is that she played Fest, back in 98. I remember catching her at the Cultural Exchange Pavilion. It wasn't publicized, but she was there with a small combo, Lizzy and the Tooters.

I mean these guys whaled. They killed. Elizabeth led them on a second line out of the Pavilion over to the Mango Freeze stand and back. Security went nuts, but that was how she rolled. A very young Troy Andrews joined her for a couple of numbers, and Cyril Neville came in for the last song and then led the crowd in a rousing rendition of "God Save the Queen."

I don't know how Quint pulled that one off.

Anyway, Elizabeth, Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by resmp; 09-08-2022, 05:21 PM.

Originally posted by resmp View Post
    Not many people realize it but Queen Elizabeth was an accomplished sousaphone player. It was something she picked up as child, and she used to march up and down the halls of Buckingham Palace playing "Hail Brittania" after particularly nasty blitz attacks to help keep everyone's spirits up. You can Google it.hap

Even less remembered is that she played Fest, back in 98. I remember catching her at the Cultural Exchange Pavilion. It wasn't publicized, but she was there with a small combo, Lizzy and the Tooters.

I mean these guys whaled. They killed. Elizabeth led them on a second line out of the Pavilion over to the Frozen Mango stand and back. Security went nuts, but that was how she rolled. A very young Troy Andrews joined her for a couple of numbers, and Cyril Neville came in for the last song and then led the crowd in a rousing rendition of "God Save the Queen."

Perhaps this post should be in the Psychoactive Drugs thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Perhaps this post should be in the Psychoactive Drugs thread.
      Well, come to think of it I had been hanging out with Jimmy Dale Gilmore that morning, and he handed me a little packet and just said "Have fun." After that things did get a little wobbly.

Comment

That was my first year at fest. I'm sorry I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by resmp View Post
          Not many people realize it but Queen Elizabeth was an accomplished sousaphone player. It was something she picked up as child, and she used to march up and down the halls of Buckingham Palace playing "Rule Brittania" after particularly nasty blitz attacks to help keep everyone's spirits up. You can Google it.

I mean these guys whaled. They killed. Elizabeth led them on a second line out of the Pavilion over to the Mango Freeze stand and back. Security went nuts, but that was how she rolled. A very young Troy Andrews joined her for a couple of numbers, and Cyril Neville came in for the last song and then led the crowd in a rousing rendition of "God Save the Queen."

Darn , I was there in 98 but I missed it . It must have been the 1st weekend .(Good story)

Comment

Babe, you’re just a wave, you’re not the water

Comment

Working...
            X