AmericanaFest 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duende View Post
    I believe I forgot to recommend Joshua Hedley - he put out 2 of my favorite albums in the last few years, Call Me Mr Jukebox is just my kind of country. He’ll be at Robert’s all week:
    (from his Twitter feed)
    AMERICANA FEST SCHEDULE!!!

Monday - @RobertsWWorld 10pm - 2am
    Tuesday - @ajsgoodtimebar 10pm - 2am
    Wednesday - Robert’s AMA Afterparty 10pm
    Thursday - Robert’s AMA/SiriusXM - 2pm
    Friday - Robert’s 11am - 2pm
    Saturday - @3rdandLindsley 11pm (doors at 5)​

And between lodging, tickets & airfare for Hangtown Halloween Fest & Hardly Strictly (we can drive to both & one’s “free”), SXSW & Jazzfest, I’m already feeling, as the man says “ba-ba-ba-ba-broke again” lol.
    Ha! I'm watching Josh at Robert's right now!! One of the essential Nashville musical experiences for sure.

Comment

To Scott’s point about budgeting and for anyone thinking about attending AmericanaFest next year - I think this festival is a great deal, at least as far as city-centric music festivals go. A festival pass comes in at under $200. The major cost is lodging as Nashville hotels are pricey. This can be avoided by booking far in advance (of course).

re: Joshua Hedley - I have a really nice memory of seeing him and his band playing at The Blue Room- the cornerless music venue in the same building as Jack White’s Nashville outpost of his record label. It’s such a trippy room and he was up there wearing a Nudie Suit with a huge band. I hope to catch him again this week.

Comment

And between lodging, tickets & airfare for Hangtown Halloween Fest & Hardly Strictly (we can drive to both & one’s “free”), SXSW & Jazzfest, I’m already feeling, as the man says “ba-ba-ba-ba-broke again” lol.
        If your still thinking about Old Settlers next year I can help you save money. Renting a trailer for $200 per night plus RV parking pass at the festival
        can get you up to $800 quick.

Yesterday I bought this tent (downsizing) so I can fly to Nashville next month for Cave Fest. Cheap $29.99
        Magellan Outdoors Tellico 3 Person Dome Tent | Academy
        It has poles so I'm not able to carryon due to TSA rules. Only 7 lbs. X 24 inches.
        Also bought a smaller sleeping bag.

Now if you really want to save money you can borrow my tent, extra sleeping bag plus pad.
        I drive in from Houston so no problem with extra cargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

If your still thinking about Old Settlers next year I can help you save money. Renting a trailer for $200 per night plus RV parking pass at the festival
          can get you up to $800 quick.

Yesterday I bought this tent (downsizing) so I can fly to Nashville next month for Cave Fest. Cheap $29.99
          Magellan Outdoors Tellico 3 Person Dome Tent | Academy
          It has poles so I'm not able to carryon due to TSA rules. Only 7 lbs. X 24 inches.
          Also bought a smaller sleeping bag.

Now if you really want to save money you can borrow my tent, extra sleeping bag plus pad.
          I drive in from Houston so no problem with extra cargo.

Y’all are the best kind of enablers lol. I had to laugh when I saw a post somewhere saying that Phish must be on the verge of announcing a new tour because the poster was almost caught up on their bills.

Thanks for the very kind offer. We’re not exactly glamping, but my wife and I are kind of going the other way with camping festivals - cots, standing room… I don’t even know for sure if I can sleep on the ground any more! I’ve been reading about drop-shipping boxes with all you camp gear vs buying at a local store and donating it all after. To be continued…

Comment

I have a friend who rents a storage building in Montrose CO, 1 hour from Telluride for all of his camping gear for Bluegrass Festival.
            He has so much gear that he rented a Uhaul truck this year. I'm more about downsizing. Now that I know I can fly with my gear I might
            fly to Montrose (Telluride) for Bluegrass next year and take the shuttle to Telluride.
            The drive from Houston to Telluride is 16 hours with one night hotel both ways. Round trip driving cost about $450.

Comment

I just found out that United has direct nonstop to Montrose for $500. Direct flights surprised me because Montrose
              is small. pop. 20,000.

6 hours travel vs 32 hours (round trip).
              So flying would save me 26 hours travel time for extra $50 plus shuttle cost. I might have just sold myself
              on flying next year.

Comment

Run don't walk to see Christone "Kingfish" Ingram today at 6:00 PM.

BMI Rooftop
                The Heavy Heavy, Christone "Kingfish" Ingram
                Christone "Kingfish" Ingram February 11, 2022 - YouTube

Jason Carter at Station Inn 8:00 PM tonight.
                For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield (Cover by Del McCoury Band and friends) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Ha! I'm watching Josh at Robert's right now!! One of the essential Nashville musical experiences for sure.
                  I plan on following you around town when I get the Fest!

Comment

I plan on following you around town when I get the Fest!
                    Next year, I hope! Kris could use another 'tall' to hang back with at Robert's Western World.

Comment

If you are in Nashville for this fest or any other time do not miss going to Dee's Country Cocktail Lounge in Madison, not far from Nikki Lane's High Class Hillbilly store. Easily the coolest music club I've been to there. Shannon McNally is playing every Wed this month. They also put all shows on their Youtube channel. Also checkout some bars and food joints near 5 Points in East Nashville, on the way to Dee's. I felt more at home over there than in the touristy Downtown/Broadway scene which quickly gets old and does not have much good food. We did love going to a show at The Ryman and The Country Music HOF.

https://deeslounge.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/deeslounge615/videos

https://highclasshillbilly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                        If you are in Nashville for this fest or any other time do not miss going to Dee's Country Cocktail Lounge in Madison, not far from Nikki Lane's High Class Hillbilly store. Easily the coolest music club I've been to there. Shannon McNally is playing every Wed this month. They also put all shows on their Youtube channel. Also checkout some bars and food joints near 5 Points in East Nashville, on the way to Dee's. I felt more at home over there than in the touristy Downtown/Broadway scene which quickly gets old and does not have much good food.
                        Dee's has AmericanaFest programming most days this week which is a nice change - usually it only have one or two official programs. And I hear you on East Nashville - I'm writing from Lockeland Springs right now. We fell for this area the last time that we stayed here.

Comment

I'm not familiar with all the bands playing, but from who I've seen, these would be the:

Bands I wouldn't miss:
                          • Adia Victoria
                          • Ali McGuirk
                          • Andrew Duhon
                          • Black Opry Review
                          • Buffalo Nichols
                          • The Deslondes
                          • Early James
                          • jade Bird
                          • James McMurtry
                          • Larry McCray
                          • Leyla McCalla
                          • North Mississippi Acoustic
                          • SG Goodman
                          • Sierra Ferrell
                          • Sunny War
                          • The War & Treaty

Bands I'd like to catch too:
                          • The Accidentals
                          • Ballroom Thieves
                          • Bella White
                          • Gaby Moreno
                          • Lilly Lewis
                          • The Milk Carton Kids
                          • Nicki Bluhm
                          • Oshima Brothers
                          • River Whyless
                          • Taj Mahal
                          • Webb Wilder
                          • Wild Feathers
                          • William Prince

Comment

There's a nice live video stream from the WMOT sessions at Eastside Bowl. Melissa Carper on right now and a very strong line up over the next few days.
                            https://www.npr.org/sections/world-c...022-livestream

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                              I'm not familiar with all the bands playing, but from who I've seen, these would be the:

Bands I wouldn't miss:
                              • Adia Victoria
                              • Ali McGuirk
                              • Andrew Duhon
                              • Black Opry Review
                              • Buffalo Nichols
                              • The Deslondes
                              • Early James
                              • jade Bird
                              • James McMurtry
                              • Larry McCray
                              • Leyla McCalla
                              • North Mississippi Acoustic
                              • SG Goodman
                              • Sierra Ferrell
                              • Sunny War
                              • The War & Treaty

Bands I'd like to catch too:
                              • The Accidentals
                              • Ballroom Thieves
                              • Bella White
                              • Gaby Moreno
                              • Lilly Lewis
                              • The Milk Carton Kids
                              • Nicki Bluhm
                              • Oshima Brothers
                              • River Whyless
                              • Taj Mahal
                              • Webb Wilder
                              • Wild Feathers
                              • William Prince
                              I like most all of those names, but as an indication of the crazy abundance of talent in town this week, I'm unlikely to catch any of them except McMurtry.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

I like most all of those names, but as an indication of the crazy abundance of talent in town this week, I'm unlikely to catch any of them except McMurtry.
                                Nikki Bluhm’s a formerly NorCal performer who had a project Brokedown In Bakersfield that I’d highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X