Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AmericanaFest 2022?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    [QUOTE=Fred (Texas JF Fanatic);n872177]
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
    I enjoyed a majority of it but thought that some awards should have gone to other artists. /QUOTE]

    That is true for every awards show.
    You are probably right. This is the first one of any kind I've watched in years.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

      That is true for every awards show.
      With a lot-cooler house band!

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

        Thanks Fred, but like Duende, camping just ain't for me. I'll likely be in Lockhart.
        I heard you and understand 100%.

        But, not camping you end up losing a major part of the fest.

        Such a great vibe hanging out with others in the campground. I would not do Telluride
        Bluegrass if I was not able to camp at the festival in town park. Those folks are 100%
        crazy. Best vibe of any festival that I've ever been to. They show up at 8:00 AM on Saturday
        the weekend before the fest. They drop the rope and everyone runs to get their spot. Some
        of the camps are 30+. Our camp is much smaller at 8. Each day starting Saturday there are
        events. Crawfish, beer tasting at 11:59 AM. Everyone brings their home brews or local craft
        beer. (11:59) AM because how are you going to drink all day
        without starting early. Disco night one night. That was scary because I started getting into
        the music. Lots of live music in the campground day and night. We had a chalk board that
        we updated with the day's events/time. Our camp had a fish fry on Wednesday. So 5 days of
        fun before the festival starts.

        Old Settlers has the same vibe but smaller crowds.

        Comment


        • #64
          This is common, maybe 9 or 10 jams simultaneously. Day & night.

          Super awesome random-jam at Gnome Camp* in Town Park - Telluride Bluegrass 2016 - YouTube



          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

            Thanks Fred, but like Duende, camping just ain't for me. I'll likely be in Lockhart.
            we can discuss logistics nearer the date.

            Re the Nitty Gritty Ryman show, that one was always advertised as a stand alone show, outside of the Fest events.
            Haha - Marc, you misinterpreted my reluctance to sleep in a sleeping bag in a tent for not wanting to camp My wife and I have a festival-camping system that includes: a Coleman tent (I think "6-man") in which I can stand up (always thinking about the ShiftPod tent these days) - that we fill with very sturdy cots, topped by tri-fold futons, a battery-op ceiling fan, rug runners, EZ-up's (and more exotic shade structures), with separate plastic bins for: kitchen, food, ambience, LED lighting ropes and strands, liquor, + multiple ice-chests (one reserved for block ice for raspador-shaved ice), an EcoFlow power bank for running lights, personal devices, etc, bluetooth audio, an 8-gallon torpedo solar shower mounted on my van's roof (pressurized via Ryobi inflator), chairs, gravity loungers, and stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. We haven't suffered in a good while! But driving the Transit 350 XL to Texas, and thence to Louisiana... ugh. Lots to see on the way, however. A trip like that makes my friends' 1000+ km bicycle months-long trip thru northern Europe seem affordable and sensible by comparison.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

              I haven't seen confirmed dates for next year, but it's extremely unlikely that I will be able to make it. I will definitely try to get to Bristol TN/VA though. Old Settlers also very much on the radar for next April.
              But back to A'fest. Perhaps the best thing about this week in Nashville is the unofficial events that spring up.
              This afternoon's Mojo Nixon Sirius XM will be just epic!
              https://www.instagram.com/p/CidvocxO...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D
              Did they announce Bristol's 2023 dates yet? Same weekend as this year?

              Comment


              • #67
                Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, Bristol, VA, Bristol, TN
                Sep 8, 2023 - Sep 10, 2023​

                Comment


                • #68
                  Apparently you don’t need a wristband to get into anything this year. I was very annoyed when four people who did not have conference passes or wristbands got into the Station Inn right in front of us for Black Opry Review. Which we then missed entirely because it was over capacity. So, Americana needs to figure this out. Either the tickets/wristbands mean something or they don’t. I’d rather put my $175+ in the tip bucket at Robert’s.

                  btw the Mojo Nixon broadcast was every bit as wild and fun in person as I bet it sounded on the radio. We missed a few other events in order to stay there but it was worth it.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                    btw the Mojo Nixon broadcast was every bit as wild and fun in person as I bet it sounded on the radio. We missed a few other events in order to stay there but it was worth it.
                    It sounded great.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                      Apparently you don’t need a wristband to get into anything this year. I was very annoyed when four people who did not have conference passes or wristbands got into the Station Inn right in front of us for Black Opry Review. Which we then missed entirely because it was over capacity. So, Americana needs to figure this out. Either the tickets/wristbands mean something or they don’t. I’d rather put my $175+ in the tip bucket at Robert’s.

                      btw the Mojo Nixon broadcast was every bit as wild and fun in person as I bet it sounded on the radio. We missed a few other events in order to stay there but it was worth it.
                      I was surprised to hear how quickly they turned the acts - must’ve been a house band, then? If so, those folks are badass!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by duende View Post

                        I was surprised to hear how quickly they turned the acts - must’ve been a house band, then? If so, those folks are badass!
                        That’s funny because some of the changeovers felt long- it’s just such a unique experience there- because it’s a long narrow space that was filled in with a dense crowd, the musicians would frequently walk behind the bar and the open griddle/fryer operation to get to the stage. Just a total hoot.
                        the house band is Sarah Gayle Meach and the Meach Boys!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          A guy I know has just been doing a live broadcast from Nashville with Annie McCue an Aussie muso who does a programme on local community Radio there.

                          Skunk Baxter is playing at the bar on the roof top at the Westin 4pm Saturday, I think I just heard.

                          Dont forget about the Aussie BBQ at the 5 spot tomorrow.

                          Lots of talented Aussie performers will be there.

                          Maybe that will be Australiana?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                            Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, Bristol, VA, Bristol, TN
                            Sep 8, 2023 - Sep 10, 2023​
                            Hotel is booked--hoping we will make it this time.
                            (we were supposed to go this year but I had to work)

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Shannon McNally at Dee's

                              Shannon McNally - YouTube

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                                Shannon McNally at Dee's

                                Shannon McNally - YouTube
                                Here's another from this past week. Love her and Dee's.
                                She is there every Wed this month.

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brlV9xUVtGs&t=194s

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X