No announcement yet.

Saints 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to blow the whole thing up. Trade Alvin, new coach, new qb........

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
      Time to blow the whole thing up. Trade Alvin, new coach, new qb........
      Trade Alvin ??

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Trade Alvin ??
        Trade him for draft picks. He will be done or gone by the time they are good again. They need too many players.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Thomas's best days are behind him. He can't stay healthy. Kamara too. Time for the rebuilding...
          3 weeks ago, dude.

Comment

Today was more like it should be. Use Hill and Kamara more. Kept the penalties down. Tighten up the defense. First game in some time I didn’t feel embarrassed for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
              Today was more like it should be. Use Hill and Kamara more. Kept the penalties down. Tighten up the defense. First game in some time I didn’t feel embarrassed for them.
              I read that Timothy Dalton did OK for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

I read that Timothy Dalton did OK for a change.
                Only sacked once and threw some impressive passes.

Comment

Who dat say we want a new quarterback? Sorry, Andy old boy, audition’s over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                    Who dat say we want a new quarterback? Sorry, Andy old boy, audition’s over.
                    Bad play calling, 2 big fumbles by Kamara, bad penalties, dropped balls, poor decisions by Dalton. They had their chances but just blew it.

I'll be at Tampa game next Monday night. Was hoping it would be for first place.

Comment

Yeah, but how 'bout those Niners? Even tho' I've been a lifelong fan, I've been consistently pleasantly surprised lately when they win.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Bad play calling, 2 big fumbles by Kamara, bad penalties, dropped balls, poor decisions by Dalton. They had their chances but just blew it.
                        All that, for sure. 4 passes from the 4 yard line?!?!? Yeah, your best back had fumbled twice but to not even try to run it in when you absolutely had to have it is just dumb. And, yes, Bosa was clearly offside. He is quick but not that quick. And if only face masks could catch passes...

I knew it was going to be a rough game to win but the Saints beat themselves today. That was the ugliest in a string of ugly stomach wrenching losses. Ruined an otherwise nice weekend.

Grew up a Niner fan so I guess I can root for them when the Saints are done.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

All that, for sure. 4 passes from the 4 yard line?!?!? Yeah, your best back had fumbled twice but to not even try to run it in when you absolutely had to have it is just dumb. And, yes, Bosa was clearly offside. He is quick but not that quick. And if only face masks could catch passes...

I knew it was going to be a rough game to win but the Saints beat themselves today. That was the ugliest in a string of ugly stomach wrenching losses. Ruined an otherwise nice weekend.

Grew up a Niner fan so I guess I can root for them when the Saints are done.
                          The running game hadn't worked all day. Dalton was the leading rusher, based on a couple of panic scrambles to the outside. I don't recall a single play where the O-Line opened a hole for a run up the middle. The Saints RBs combined for 11 rushes for 23 yards.

But yeah, we need a new QB: no one really questions that. It's not Dalton, it's not Winston, and it's not Hill. But the Saints have no first round pick next year, and probably don't have the cap money to sign any big name free agent. Someone suggested yesterday that Saints fans should be rooting for the Chargers to lose down the stretch; if they fire their coach and want Sean Payton, the Saints might extract a first round pick in exchange. Failing a miracle like that, expect the "Saints 2023" thread to read a lot like this one.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

The running game hadn't worked all day. Dalton was the leading rusher, based on a couple of panic scrambles to the outside. I don't recall a single play where the O-Line opened a hole for a run up the middle. The Saints RBs combined for 11 rushes for 23 yards.

But yeah, we need a new QB: no one really questions that. It's not Dalton, it's not Winston, and it's not Hill. But the Saints have no first round pick next year, and probably don't have the cap money to sign any big name free agent. Someone suggested yesterday that Saints fans should be rooting for the Chargers to lose down the stretch; if they fire their coach and want Sean Payton, the Saints might extract a first round pick in exchange. Failing a miracle like that, expect the "Saints 2023" thread to read a lot like this one.
                            Rumors also have Payton going to Arizona. It does look like he will be back coaching somewhere next year.

Comment

The big question in the short term is whether Dennis Allen will get fired after this season or next. It is obvious that he is in over his head as a head coach, but how Gayle Benson views this and how much she will allow Mickey Loomis to call the shots at this point is a matter of conjecture. Loomis and Payton bet the house and lost with cap moves that have left the Saints without enough cap space to sign a free agent QB at market value, as opposed to what they paid for the castaway Jameis Winston. It is curious as to why Winston has not been on the field at all during this period. Perhaps Payton will coach somewhere in the league next year and the Saints will get a first round pick, but unless coach Allen becomes an effective coach or is replaced with someone who is, next year will probably be another year of languishing. At that point, the question is who gets to hire the next head coach, Mickey Loomis or a new GM? Loomis did the Saints no favors by sending Chauncey Gardner Johnson to the Eagles for calling out Michael Thomas for being the head case that he is. With the Eagles, Johnson was leading the league in tackles going into last week and you have to think that the Saints record would be better had Johnson played for the Saints this season. Payton would never have allowed that to happen, to let Loomis weaken his team to save face for Thomas' huge contract and getting called out by his teammate Johnson for not stepping up and earning his money. The fact that Allen allowed this to happen had to create doubt in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by windowman View Post
                                Loomis did the Saints no favors by sending Chauncey Gardner Johnson to the Eagles for calling out Michael Thomas for being the head case that he is. With the Eagles, Johnson was leading the league in tackles going into last week and you have to think that the Saints record would be better had Johnson played for the Saints this season.
                                I agree that was a big mistake. Chris Harris has been garbage.

Another one was letting Latavius Murray get snatched away. He showed he could do the up the middle runs that Kamara is not made for, with Ingram not doing enough either at this point in his career. The Saints operate with a one back offense and you see winning teams like the Niners that use more. Some winners even use a fullback (is it Buffalo I am thinking of?) You have to have the diversity to set up play action passes, etc.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X