Saints 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swag View Post

The running game hadn't worked all day. Dalton was the leading rusher, based on a couple of panic scrambles to the outside. I don't recall a single play where the O-Line opened a hole for a run up the middle. The Saints RBs combined for 11 rushes for 23 yards.

But yeah, we need a new QB: no one really questions that. It's not Dalton, it's not Winston, and it's not Hill. But the Saints have no first round pick next year, and probably don't have the cap money to sign any big name free agent. Someone suggested yesterday that Saints fans should be rooting for the Chargers to lose down the stretch; if they fire their coach and want Sean Payton, the Saints might extract a first round pick in exchange. Failing a miracle like that, expect the "Saints 2023" thread to read a lot like this one.
    I agree that sending Kamara up the middle was not working. But they coulda tried running him outside or put Taysom in. Maybe he shoulda handled all four downs to keep the defense guessing. To tell the team you didn't trust the line to get you four yards, even given what had been going on, seems a bad coaching move overall. It is up to the coaching staff to call the right plays to counteract what the game was dictating. Four passes was not the right call to me. And, yes, Bosa was offside on the 4th down. Dude is quick but not that quick...

And, yeah, they are in a mess moving forward. My inclination woulda been to have started playing Winston again, unless there is something injury wise that he still is dealing with, just to see if they have a QB for next year or not. He was winning for them last year and didn't really get a real shot this year, playing from the start with 4 back fractures. (To me, that is one of Allen's biggest mistakes, starting a QB who clearly was nowhere near 100%.) I admit that is kind of hoping for an in-house miracle but they are in need of one at this point.

PS Go Pelicans!!! I went Wednesday night and, man, is that team jelling and playing well. Zion was a f'n beast and everyone who goes in does their job and then some. They dominated minus 2 starters and lose nothing going to the 2nd team. They have the real deal chemistry that produces a winner, the result of a good coach and management doing their job. It's fun to watch! ​
    Last edited by chopitulas; 12-02-2022, 03:59 PM.

Comment

From me and Lord Horror.

Comment

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

PS Go Pelicans!!! I went Wednesday night and, man, is that team jelling and playing well. Zion was a f'n beast and everyone who goes in does their job and then some. They dominated minus 2 starters and lose nothing going to the 2nd team. They have the real deal chemistry that produces a winner, the result of a good coach and management doing their job. It's fun to watch! ​
          Been meaning to post something like this myself, big fan of the Pels. Win tonight and they COULD be in first, win tonight AND Friday night, they ARE in first place. A fun young bunch who enjoy playing together, and as Chop says, the chemistry is real and the coach is looking at "of the year" honors in my opinion.
          And anything is better than watching the Saints. The blowing of that lead was so foreseeable, and depressing because it was just so Saints-like.

Comment

Agree with the Pels love. Hopefully they can keep us happy through mid June.....and then only a month till Saints training camp.

Comment

We were standing right next to the pirate ship when the cannons went off twice, once after Brady threw a TD but the play was called back and again when he won it with 3 seconds left. What a bummer! Can't say we were all that surprised. So many bad calls and bad plays by The Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Been meaning to post something like this myself, big fan of the Pels. Win tonight and they COULD be in first, win tonight AND Friday night, they ARE in first place. A fun young bunch who enjoy playing together, and as Chop says, the chemistry is real and the coach is looking at "of the year" honors in my opinion.
                And anything is better than watching the Saints. The blowing of that lead was so foreseeable, and depressing because it was just so Saints-like.
                12 men in the huddle near the goal line. An entirely self-inflicted mistake that cost them dearly and so typical of this year. Maybe Ingram can be excused for going out of bounds because he was injured but I thought he was tougher and smarter than that. Stick the ball out, at least!!! Another costly mistake. But, in the end, if you can't get a first down to salvage your season, you don't deserve to keep playing...

Odd scheduling that has Phoenix in the Smoothie King Center Friday and Sunday. That should be a revealing couple of games. Devin Booker is playing extremely well and the Suns are pretty much the same team that has been good the last few seasons. It will be interesting to see how this Pels team does against them. I don't know if Chris Paul is playing but if he is, I am sure he is not looking forward to having Alvarado all up in his shorts like last year in the playoffs. Amazing performace by Jose' on Sunday with 38 points off of 8 threes! He is a cult hero here now.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

12 men in the huddle near the goal line. An entirely self-inflicted mistake that cost them dearly and so typical of this year. Maybe Ingram can be excused for going out of bounds because he was injured but I thought he was tougher and smarter than that. Stick the ball out, at least!!! Another costly mistake. But, in the end, if you can't get a first down to salvage your season, you don't deserve to keep playing...

Odd scheduling that has Phoenix in the Smoothie King Center Friday and Sunday. That should be a revealing couple of games. Devin Booker is playing extremely well and the Suns are pretty much the same team that has been good the last few seasons. It will be interesting to see how this Pels team does against them. I don't know if Chris Paul is playing but if he is, I am sure he is not looking forward to having Alvarado all up in his shorts like last year in the playoffs. Amazing performace by Jose' on Sunday with 38 points off of 8 threes! He is a cult hero here now.
                  The 1st place Pels! Chris Paul came back tonight and played 24 minutes. Hope he plays in both games. I may go on Sunday.

Comment

Sunday’s Falcons. game keeps the Saints alive, barely. After a strong start came a slow fizzle. Thankfully, the clock ran out in time to prevent another loss. Dalton, for the most part, played well. Hill was solid. Kamara got some traction and the defense were the true heroes. Still, it seems the win was due more to The Falcons playing badly than the Saints playing well. Who Dat anyway.
                    Last edited by Kemp; 12-19-2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

If Ingram had just gotten that first down vs the Bucs we would be at the top of the division right now.

Comment

Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                        If Ingram had just gotten that first down vs the Bucs we would be at the top of the division right now.
                        Haha. We were there watching in disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                          Exactly why we don't deserve it.

Comment

And we had another possession after that where we went 3 and out, giving Brady the chance to beat us. If you can't seal the deal, I agree, you don't deserve it.

Comment

The Eagles win surprised me. Lattimore is the real hero of the day. Dalton still can't figure out that if he holds the ball too long he's going to get sacked, but, overall, a good day for Saints fans even if The Panthers didn't take the Brady Bunch. Guess it's one more game then wait till next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                                The Eagles win surprised me. Lattimore is the real hero of the day. Dalton still can't figure out that if he holds the ball too long he's going to get sacked, but, overall, a good day for Saints fans even if The Panthers didn't take the Brady Bunch. Guess it's one more game then wait till next season.
                                We found out last year you can't rely on others to get you in. If only we had beat the Bucs instead of squandering a two score lead late...
                                Last edited by chopitulas; 01-02-2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X