Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Rocks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Red Rocks

    I'm sure many here have seen a show at Red Rocks but I finally made it there last night after wanting to for many years to see Tyler Childers and was totally blown away. Perfect weather, amazing venue, killer set by Tyler (first 30 minutes acoustic by himself) and band, perfect sound and many of those Colorado party favors. Easily the coolest place I've ever seen a show at. It will not be my last!

    I was able to get face value tix sold by Tyler himself a few weeks back on the awesome CashOrTrade app which was a lifesaver as tix right up until showtime were going for $250 - $1000. Childers is a huge draw these days but is only doing a few shows here and there as his wife singer Senora May just had a baby. When I saw him at Willie's 4th of July picnic many people left after he played which seemed odd as Jason Isbell and Willie were still yet to play. He was easily the best act of the day in my opinion although it was great seeing Willie. His career trajectory kind of mirrors that of Billy Strings although for now he doesn't want to tour and doesn't have the jam band connection that Billy does. His new album "Take My Hounds To Heaven" comes out tomorrow.

  • #2
    I said the same after my first Red Rocks shows in 2017. It's my goal to see at least one show a year which I've done since then except for 2020. Hoping to see Tedeschi Trucks there in 2023.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
      I said the same after my first Red Rocks shows in 2017. It's my goal to see at least one show a year which I've done since then except for 2020. Hoping to see Tedeschi Trucks there in 2023.
      I would love to meet you there for that!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Red Rocks is a beautiful place to go at least once but don't be fooled by great weather. Always bring foul weather gear. When it rains the temperature can drop by 20 degrees or more - shorts and a t-shirt won't cut it when that happens.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

          I would love to meet you there for that!!!
          You definitely want to see TTB there. Two of the best nights of live music I have ever enjoyed.

          Comment


          • #6
            On our must-see list, for sure. Probably something like:
            1 Red Rocks
            2 Bluegrass Underground
            3 Gorge

            I’m at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this weekend and it’s hard to describe the scene with light fog in most of the stages. I know a couple of performers were kind of gob-smacked by the setting!

            forgot Telluride!
            Last edited by duende; 10-02-2022, 02:42 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by braygun View Post
              Red Rocks is a beautiful place to go at least once but don't be fooled by great weather. Always bring foul weather gear. When it rains the temperature can drop by 20 degrees or more - shorts and a t-shirt won't cut it when that happens.
              I've heard that. We got lucky. Absolutely perfect weather. I would not want to be there in lousy weather.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by duende View Post
                On our must-see list, for sure. Probably something like:
                1 Red Rocks
                2 Bluegrass Underground


                I’m at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this weekend and it’s hard to describe the scene with light fog in most of the stages. I know a couple of performers were kind of gob-smacked by the setting!

                forgot Telluride!
                1. Red Rocks check
                See myself there again in 23 or 24 maybe.

                2. Bluegrass Underground
                Will be there next weekend for Cave Fest.

                3. Telluride check

                4. HSB
                Still on bucket list after Americana. Fingers crossed for Americana 2023.

                What else am I missing?
                Maybe Floyd Fest, Blue Ox, any festival at Swanee River, Grey Fox, Merle Fest if it was not the same weekend as JF.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Vanessa- yes! braygun- YYR. One year there was snow on the rocks for my show. Fred - Suwanee Rising is my fave at Suwanne Park but I think there are others that are more your jam.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Only been once, three nights of the Grateful Dead in June of 84. Massive T-storm on the second night. Bob shone his light through the cool Colorado rain. Unforgettable. Would like to return.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I’m in for the red rocks trip, gals!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                        I’m in for the red rocks trip, gals!
                        I adore this idea! Let's go for it. Vic, it's not posted yet on their website. Do you have an idea when in 2023?
                        Last edited by brooklyngal; 10-03-2022, 02:38 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

                          I adore this idea! Let's go for it. Vic, it's not posted yet on their website. Do you have an idea when in 2023?
                          Tedeschi Trucks Red Rocks shows July 2022 went onsale in December 2021. There was a fan club presale.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by danlachman View Post

                            Tedeschi Trucks Red Rocks shows July 2022 went onsale in December 2021. There was a fan club presale.
                            I may try and catch TTB at RR next year. July should be right around the time my big stash that I just bought up there should be running out. It would be also nice to get away from the Summer heat down here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The TTB Red Rocks shows have been the last weekend in July since 2016.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X