Enterprise Center
    St. Louis, MO

APR 26
    FedEx Forum
    Memphis, TN

MAY 04
    Centre Bell
    Montreal, QC

April 28-30 are first weekend, yes? memphis on Wed, NOLA on Friday to open the weekend? I'm just speculating, not a huge fan at all

Comment

Originally posted by stooped View Post
      Years ago, we got same day front row seats to George Strait. We decided to miss the opener.”Who wants to see an unknown 15 year old?”
      You trusted your instincts and made the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

April 28-30 are first weekend, yes? memphis on Wed, NOLA on Friday to open the weekend? I'm just speculating, not a huge fan at all
        Misread the calendar, my mistake.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Maybe Taylor just wants to go to a cool music festival as a spectator on her off day. I'm sure she enjoys good music.

Comment

Is there a 2023 Talent guess thread yet or is this it ? Taylor Swift ??

If so, how about the James Gang as Joe is talking of adding more shows and I can't think of a better BNA !!

Comment

Originally posted by ice nine View Post
              Maybe Taylor just wants to go to a cool music festival as a spectator on her off day. I'm sure she enjoys good music.
              I heard she left that weekend open cause she wants to see the Stones

Comment

Swifties (sounds like an innuendo) broke the TicketBastard servers today, so there’s apparently interest in her tour… on a related headliner note, I listened to Tears For Fears on an hour-long drive this morning and hadn’t run out of songs I could, and did, sing along to.

Comment

My hunch is Quint will book her.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                    My hunch is Quint will book her.
                    My hunch is Quint couldn't afford her.

Comment

If Quint could afford the Stones I'm pretty sure he can afford Taylor Swift but logistically, I don't think there is any way that she would play JazzFest. It looks like she is only plays Fri-Sat in the same cities so it wouldn't make much sense for her to do a one-off show. (Although I think it might make for some good people watching to see how the Swifties react to the music in Economy Hall or the Blues Tent or Fais DoDo or, well any place other than where Taylor Swift wasn't playing...)

Comment

Would like to see Brandi Carlile in Houston 9/23. Maybe not. Opening for Pink at a large venue. Playing
                        at Astros ballpark.
                        Maybe she will be at JF 23. Her tour starts June 9.

Comment

I read something about the ticket bastard web site crashing when all the Swifties jumped on to try and buy tickets recently

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                            I read something about the ticket bastard web site crashing when all the Swifties jumped on to try and buy tickets recently
                            Symptomatic of the era that we live in. Massive computer programming glitch. 14 million ticket buyers in line and on line. As one fan complained to TicketMaster "your one job is to sell tickets". Problem was, as it has been revealed after research, 13 million 900 thousand were trying to get tickets to a Black Laurel concert and somehow they got transferred into a Taylor Swift queue.

Comment

Ticketmaster Cancels Sale of Taylor Swift Tickets After Snags

And I thought it was hard trying to get Tyler Childers tix! Those Swifties must be crying on their pillows tonight!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/17/a...ketmaster.html

​The Verified Fan system aims to keep bots from purchasing tickets for resale and to stop the site from being overwhelmed as it was during the Swift presale.

"Historically, around 40% of invited fans actually show up and buy tickets, and most purchase an average of 3 tickets," Ticketmaster explained.

However, the site experienced a "staggering number of bot attacks," and fans who did not have Verified Fan access codes attempted to join the queue, resulting in 3.5 billion system requests, four times more than Ticketmaster has ever handled in the past.
                              Last edited by jjazznj; 11-18-2022, 12:48 AM.

Comment

"Ticket sales to the public cancelled due to overwhelming demand"

Translates as "We sold millions of tickets to third party resellers (which we have controlling interest in) so they can sell them for even more exorbitant amounts"

Shafted Swifties, a pity.

Comment

Working...
                                X