X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So......Ted Nugent or Michael Franti.

Who's in a better mood today ?

Trying to keep the focus on music.

As a reminder, only political discussion is allowed in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      Who's in a better mood today ?

Trying to keep the focus on music.
      OK, I've seen them both live, many decades apart. You can keep both of them. Franti was ok in Disposable Heroes​ but I saw him at Champions Square and thought he was totally hokey. I saw Ted back in the 70s on a bill with Lynyrd Skynyrd, they all died in a crash so they made Ted the headliner. I never listed to him again after that show. Haha. I'm guessing Ted is a bit unhappy today.

Comment

So..... ELO, or Grand Funk Railroad?

(What's left of both bands are playing Jean Lafitte on Saturday).
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

The current version of GFR is worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
            So..... ELO, or Grand Funk Railroad?

(What's left of both bands are playing Jean Lafitte on Saturday).
            If I was around I would have to check that out

Comment

Have also seen both. Franti is at least positive, but I'd love to hear him do "Wango Tango". He goes barefoot so a loin cloth wouldn't be too out of step.

Comment

Back in the 80s my metalhead teen self and some similar friends got front row tickets to see Ted Nugent at UNO, but only because the Michael Schenker Group was opening. (Music snob hipster even as a teen metalhead?). We watched Nugent do one song then went back to the last row of the arena to finish drinking what we'd snuck in without Ted looking at us in the front row being totally not into it.

Comment

J Geils Band ,Steppenwolf , or Ted Nugent. I think they were all on 1 bill in Bmore in '74 . Nugent was, and remains THE WORST.

Comment

The only time I have heard Franti was at the yoga studio on the corner of my block—maybe 20 people in the audience. I think he was here for Jazz Fest, and he was a friend from back in the day of one of the teachers. In that context I thought he was cool, but it probably would not have been Nugent's scene.

Comment

Franti for the win !!

Comment

Franti used to be on the festival circuit ("how you feeeeeeeelin?") and at all the west coast peace rallies but he has since become a lot more commercial and you can hear his music on Corona beer ads and the like. He still beats the Nuge any day.

Comment

About 20 years or so ago Franti was a major anti War activist and the US Govt hated him and kept an eye on him.

I saw him several times in that period at things I was pretending to w#rk at.
                          Andd he used to put on some excellent shows sticking it to the Govt, interspersed with Politics and also peace and love. And the crowd would get right into it.
                          One warm night at BluesFest you could feel the hot air being blown out the back and the sides of the big tent as thousands of people were jumping up and down at the same time.

One can only assume that he lost a bit of the fire in his belly and got sick of the Govt giving him shit.

So he has taken an easier road.

I would still watch him over that deadshit Unsteady Teddy anyday of the week.

Comment

Saw Franti with Spearhead at the Mangy Moose in Jackson Hole , did you know gin and tonic glows in the dark if your on mushrooms. Ted who?

Comment

14 posts and not one guess as to who's in a better mood of late ? I wasn't asking who's better live. I'm guessing Ted is a little cranky these days.

But ...if you can't beat em, join em, so I'll take the Nuge in his prime for some high energy tribal rock and roll over that granola eating peacenick Franti any day. Wang Dang Sweet Poontang !!

Comment

Working...
                              X