• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Gang.

Quint. Get on it. Acura after TTB.

I like it !!

Comment

James Gang Rides Again was the very first album that I ever bought along with After The Gold Rush.

Comment

I thought Cast Your Fate to the Wind was a JG original for most of my life. Live Walk Away and Funk 49 would be quite a flashback.

Comment

Recorded loud to be played loud! I miss liner notes.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
            I thought Cast Your Fate to the Wind was a JG original for most of my life. Live Walk Away and Funk 49 would be quite a flashback.
            The Eagles played both at the Fest, but those versions were admittedly pretty lame.

Comment

Hate to say it but The Post Joe Walsh version with Tommy Bolin was better

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                Hate to say it but The Post Joe Walsh version with Tommy Bolin was better
                Tommy Bolin was an amazing guitar player. So sad he died so early. I saw The James Gang on a bill with Leslie West, Johnny Winter and Alice Cooper back in 1975 at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ. All I remember is that The James Gang were throwing Thai Sticks into the crowd. Nice way to make new fans!

As for The Eagles, I liked them better pre-Joe Walsh although I did see The Hotel California Tour back in the 70s and they were great. That Eagles cover band that tours these days does not even sound like The Eagles. Nothing against Walsh who we were fans of back then but the Eagles changed after he joined although they were already getting away from their country rock roots by then.

Comment

Working...
                X