Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americanafest 2023

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

    Grimey's is a wonderful shop, but it was a hell of a lot more convenient when they were in the same building as The Basement.
    Live at Grimey's

    Molly Tuttle - Live at Grimey’s - YouTube

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ice nine View Post
      I'm not in the industry, but the website said that if you want the full experience you should get a conference pass, which I did. I will check of some of them. I know this may have been a waste of money, but I am no stranger to wasting money. Has anyone been to one of these conferences?

      I see C.H. wrote: I have done the conference once, and it was great.
      If you want to get a good feel of what to expect at the conference, you can download the festival app now, which will still have the detailed listings from last year's festival. You can easily see which events are exclusively for conference attendees as opposed to showcase wristband holders. I'm sure you will find more than enough of interest, so I don't think it's waste of money. It's just not essential. The awards show is always very good, with a healthy ratio of live music to awards/speeches and most of the nominees will perform at some point.
      I noticed the other day that Mike & The Moonpies will be at the Ryman on festival Saturday. This will probably be a separately ticketed event. I wonder whether they will get a showcase as well. They might be the best live band I've seen in recent years (their records are a little "meh", in comparison).

      Comment


      • #33
        My god! How have I note attended this yet?! This looks amazing! Thanks to all who put info up here...I'm in!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post


          I noticed the other day that Mike & The Moonpies will be at the Ryman on festival Saturday. This will probably be a separately ticketed event. I wonder whether they will get a showcase as well. They might be the best live band I've seen in recent years (their records are a little "meh", in comparison).
          Mike & The Moonpies play The Ryman the Saturday before Americana.
          Tommy Emmanuel plays The Ryman on Saturday during Americana.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

            Mike & The Moonpies play The Ryman the Saturday before Americana.
            Tommy Emmanuel plays The Ryman on Saturday during Americana.
            Good on Tommy.

            Fearless. I cant remember if I posted this before , but I was listening to a tribute to great Aussie muso Broderick Smith of The Dingoes fame the other day, who sadly left us a few weeks ago.

            And one of the songs that was played featured Tommy playing drums, which the presenter said he used to sometimes in his elder brother Phils band back in the day.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

              Mike & The Moonpies play The Ryman the Saturday before Americana.
              Tommy Emmanuel plays The Ryman on Saturday during Americana.
              Some consider Mike & The Moonpies to be the best country band in America these days. The Ryman is definitely a step up for them.

              Comment


              • #37
                Nothing to do with Americanafest , but Tommy Emmanuel is coming to the UK in January, supported by none other than Molly Tuttle. This makes me happy!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Sussex Rob View Post
                  Nothing to do with Americanafest , but Tommy Emmanuel is coming to the UK in January, supported by none other than Molly Tuttle. This makes me happy!
                  White Freight Liner Blues | Collaborations | Tommy Emmanuel & Molly Tuttle - YouTube

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Rufus Wainwright is playing Sept 19. I'm on the fence about this one.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                      Mike & The Moonpies play The Ryman the Saturday before Americana.
                      Tommy Emmanuel plays The Ryman on Saturday during Americana.
                      Y.Y.R Fred, I got my dates mixed up...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                        Some consider Mike & The Moonpies to be the best country band in America these days. The Ryman is definitely a step up for them.
                        So, it's actually a triple bill, and it seems that they are the supporting act. They are fantastic live, their recordings sound a little anaemic by comparison.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Price goes up this Friday.

                          Festival Pass Rates:
                          11/16/22 - 11/30/22:$99
                          12/1/22 - 6/1/23: $125
                          6/2/23 - Walkup:$149​​

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Some nice additions to the lineup announced today.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                              Some nice additions to the lineup announced today.
                              Black Laurel perhaps?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                To the Spotify, Robin.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X