Second Weekend- Jazzfest 2017 Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Weekend- Jazzfest 2017 Images

Here is a link to some images from the second weekend of Jazzfest 2017 that I took from the general admission areas:

http://luxproofimages.smugmug.com/Ja...second-weekend

Great stuff! Your first weekend photos were excellent too... and I was amazed how fast you got them online.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
        Great stuff! Your first weekend photos were excellent too... and I was amazed how fast you got them online.
        Thanks! Yeah, they were all taken from the front of the general admission areas from about 50-75 feet away.

I was on the photo pass wait list in case someone didn't show up, but that didn't come through. So most Acura/Gentilly/Congo stages, I was against the fence. Not having the photo pass allowed me to enjoy my Fest nights instead of heading back to the hotel to edit, process and post in the evenings. I enjoyed my Fest nights! I'll be editing these as I am awaiting a color monitor calibrator to arrive so that I can correct some of the images.
        Last edited by Thraak; 05-17-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Great shots! What's your equipment, if you care to divulge?

Comment

sick shots...thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post
              Great shots! What's your equipment, if you care to divulge?
              Thanks.
              Nikon D810 with battery grip. Nikon 70-200mm f2.8g vr2.
              I brought the nikon 20mm 1.8g, Sigma 50 art and Sigma 85 art but never used them. I wish I did. Will have to at Jazzfest 2018! From the distance away from the stage that I was, the 70-200mm made sense. I have been making a bunch of individual albums lately of musicians such as Rebirth, New Birth, Buddy Guy, Preservation Hall Jazz Band/ Charlie Gabriel & Friends, etc.... I'll post them up here in the coming weeks. I have a lot to go through. I took over 2500 shots in the 10 days that I was in N.O. for Jazzfest
              Last edited by Thraak; 05-25-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X